Actions and Detail Panel
WMBA Nashville Weekend Featuring Eric Church
Fri, May 12, 2017, 5:00 PM – Sun, May 14, 2017, 11:00 PM CDT
Get ready for Nash Vegas ladies and Gentleman! As mentioned, I'm planning to do a class trip at the begining of every semester ( this will be a celebration of having finished the previous semester but I think Stapleton and the Lions game have had a significant role in lowering the overall class average). The work load seems to be much lighted during the first month of the semester.
I've chosen a long weekend so that everyone can take Monday to recover!
Here's the Agenda so far, this may change depending on how many people confirm, I may need to adjust accomodations.
Leave DTW Friday May 26th @ 6:00 PM EST
6:05 CST Arrive at BNA
- Depending on size of the party/budget, we will either have transport waiting or folks will have to Uber, the location's I plan to book are not far from the airport.
7:00-9:00 CST Settle Into Accomodations.
- I'm most likely going to book an Air BNB, there are a few duplex's that are quite spacious. If not, we'll book at the embassy in mid-town, again this depends on how many people sign up.
9:00-3:00 CST Live Music on Lower Broadway.
- If you haven't been, this will be a real eye opener!
11:00 AM Saturday May 27th @ the Sutler.
- This may or may not be included in the 600.00 ( this will depend on whether I can get a group reservation for the flight and the Air BNB.
3:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Buse Bar Crawl. I've done a few 10+ crawls through Nashville. This one will likely be the 6-8 best spots and will progress toward the heart of downtown where the concert is held.
8:00 PM-11:30 PM Eric Church Concert @ Bridgestone Arena
-If you aren't a fan, don't worry ,one of the best live acts in the industry! If you are a fan, I'm sure you are excited but I will apologize in advance, the tickets available are less than $20.00 as they're behind the stage. It does appear as if we will have all of our seats together as a result and let's be honest, we would all spend more than $20.00 on the streets of nashville during these hours.
11:30 PM - 1:00 AM
-Karaoke! There's a great hole in the wall we can pile into that isn't over the top popular. After seeing Eric Church, I'm sure everyone will be inspired!
1:00 AM-3:00 AM
- Figure it out yourselves! God only knows I'll be in no position to coordinate anything.
Sunday May 28th.
**** TBD**** I'll be working with the other members of the party planning cabinet to plan out Sunday. I can promised we will have something planned that is fun and gets us out of the bars. Perhaps grand old opry, maybe a day at a local pool ( they have a few nice rooftop pool/bar setups).
Depart BNA: Either Sunday May 28th @ 9:10PM or Monday May 29th @ 6:45 AM.
I'll make this decision based on feedback from the group and what we end up planning for Sunday.
This will be a great time, I've talked about trying to keep the budget under $500.00 but due to this trip being a long weekend, I'm going to push that up to 600.00$, setting up through event brite add 33.99, I may choose to have someone just collect this ahead of time so we can get around paying the 33.99 Fee. This will cover the flight, Hotel or AirBNB and a ticket to the concert. This could also include, depending on the number of people who book transportation, brunch and potentially whatever event we end up planning for Sunday. Unfortunately, I'll ask that you pay up front to make this easier on me and the rest of the team planning this event. A lot of my time spent planning other events is spent on tracking paid or unpaid, this will fix that problem!