Do you have what it takes to be a successful bus operator?
Your future could be riding on a MetroBus. Metro is a great place to work with paid training, competitive starting hourly rate and excellent benefits including continuing education assistance and a chance to build a solid career. During training, CDL permit holders with valid Passenger and Airbrake endorsements are paid an hourly rate of $12.02. CDL license holders with Passenger and Air Brake endorsements with no restrictions on that license earn an hourly rate of $16. Upon graduation, the hourly rate increases to $19.01.
To participate you must provide the documentation and meet the requirements below:
• Valid driver’s license from jurisdiction in which you reside. You must be a licensed driver for a minimum of four (4) years.
• (Optional) Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) Class A or Class B, or a CDL learner’s permit Class A or Class B, from the jurisdiction in which you reside with P and A (passenger and airbrakes) endorsements with no restrictions. OR be able to obtain a CDL learner’s permit Class A or Class B with P and A (passenger and airbrakes) endorsements prior to attending a training class with WMATA. You must be at least 21 years of age. Preference will be given to CDL license holders.
• Original trafﬁc record which is less than 30 days old, reﬂecting no more than two (2) points, no more than one (1) moving violation and no suspensions or revocations due to moving violations within the last three (3) years.
• Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency certiﬁcate (GED).
• Must have three years of continuous and veriﬁable post high school employment or a combined three years of veriﬁable full or part-time student status and employment history.
• Clearance of background, reference, drug and alcohol or other screening as required by federal guidelines.
• Ability to pass a physical exam.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• A minimum of two years customer service experience is preferred.