Actions and Detail Panel
Wisconsin Recruiters Conference Spring 2017
Tue, April 25, 2017, 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM CDT
Calling all Recruiting and HR Pros, & Hiring Managers!
Join Wisconsin Recruiters for a premier professional development recruiting conference with 250+ of your industry peers throughout the region, on Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, WI.
Supercharge your professional development with one of the biggest names in recruiting! Lou Adler, best-selling author, trainer and worldwide speaker will be our featured keynote speaker and will be teaching attendees some of the highest impact areas in recruiting, interviewing and closing.
If you're interested in becoming more effective with candidate outreach and engagement, in addition to learning strategies on becoming more credible and influential in your role - this is a "do not miss" event!
In addition to learning from highly sought-after speakers who will be focused on delivering content relevant to your career development as a recruiting and HR professional, your registration includes:
- A FREE copy of Lou Adler’s latest book
- The best regional peer networking with recruiting and HR professionals throughout the region
- Wifi access
- Free parking
- Prize Drawings
- Continental breakfast and beverages in the morning and snacks and beverages during the breaks
- 8:30 – 9:00: Registration check-in and networking
- 9:00 – 9:05: Conference kick-off
- 9:05 – 10:30: Performance-based Hiring (Lou Adler)
- 10:30 - 11:00: Networking Break
- 11:00 – 11:05: Prize Drawings
- 11:05 - 12:05: Everything You DIdn't Know About Today's Consume Candidate (Brendan O'Neill)
- 12:05 – 12:10 Wrap-up
- Lou Adler: Author, Speaker and Employer Branding Expert
- Brendan O'Neill: Global Solutions Architect - Workforce Analytics
- Jason Buss: WI Recruiters Conference Emcee, Author, and VP, Talent Acquisition
Performance-based Hiring. (Lou Adler)
Hiring the best starts by defining the real work involved, not skills or experiences, but the challenges and critical deliverables expected of a top performer. This is converted into compelling advertising, optimized to be found and acted upon. Well positioned, career-oriented advertising and strong networking capabilities allow a company to dramatically increase the number of top people seen. The performance-based interviewing process involves digging deep into a prospect’s background, looking for comparable accomplishments as well as career gaps and learning opportunities. This sets the stage for recruiting and closing – presenting the job as a career opportunity, not a lateral transfer focused on bidding up short-term compensation.
Well-trained recruiters and hiring managers working as a team is an essential aspect of hiring top performers on a consistent basis. Lou’s performance-based Hiring training programs provide recruiters and hiring managers alike the skills they need to find, assess, and hire more top performers.
Everything You Didn't Know About Today's Consumer Candidate. (Brendan O'Neill)
The modern job seeker is a consumer of more than just your career site. Most of us understand this, but how do we apply this thinking to improve our candidate experience and develop recruitment strategies that attract today’s top talent? Research from CareerBuilder’s latest Candidate Behavior Study as well as the most up-to-date data from CareerBuilder’s Pulse of Recruitment Quarterly Report will fuel the insight behind this session.
- Candidates want to be able to “shop” for jobs just as they can on popular consumer sites. Learn small tweaks you can make to your process that will help improve their experience.
- Top talent is in high demand. Learn how to differentiate and think creatively about your recruitment strategy in order to win these in-demand candidates.
- Revisit classic recruiting methods that still work and new ones that should become a part of your recruitment toolkit of the future.
- The most up-to-date trends in candidate behavior that you can take back to your team today.
- This session qualifies for 1.0 hours of CE Credits for ASA, SHRM, and ASHHRA.