- Are you an academic writer - a graduate student, adjunct professor, independent scholar, tenure-track professor, or associate/full professor?
- Do you spend more time thinking about writing as opposed to writing? This could mean anything from staring at your computer screen to playing on social media.
- Do you wish that when you sat down to write you knew exactly what you were going to tackle?
- Do you wish you had a community to write with?
This writing retreat is for you! Start the New Year taking the time to:
- Write and take care of yourself at the same time;
- Examine your internal barriers to writing;
- Develop tools to manage those barriers;
- Develop a work plan for your writing goals;
- Have your writing workshopped and receive meaningful feedback from your peers;
- Build connections with other academic writers; and
- Write in the company of other writers, with structure and connection: exactly the opposite of when you write at home or the office by yourself!
At the end of the retreat, you will have the tools to write more in less time! This means:
- Incorporating self-care into your writing plan including sleeping, eating well, and exercise. You get to practice in real time and build this into your longer-term plans.
- Progress on your writing goals so that you have forward motion and stay optimistic about your work;
- Less overwhelm with balancing teaching, administrative work, and writing.
Location is TBD, but somewhere in New York City, NY. Registration costs include working with me to ferret out your writing barriers and planning your work, a welcoming location that allows us to focus on our work, writing with other academics, and meals.
Request this as YOUR holiday gift!