Due to popular demand, our Producing Workshop is back! Turns out there are a whole lot of you who might want to produce a show, a workshop, or some other sort of content on your own! So ... we thought ... rather than take a hundred and one coffee dates, let's offer a comprehensive evening where we can talk about what it takes to create work here in the great city of Boston. We will say our piece, field any questions you may have, and of course make time for everyone to introduce themselves to one another.
Hosted in an inspiring studio space at MIT, snacks and adult beverages will be made available for your consumption! Topics we can cover include, but are not limited to:
- Incorporating a nonprofit organization or other legal entity
- The 501c3 designation process
- Curating a Board of Directors
- Producing a project NOT under the auspices of a company
- The pros and cons of working with unionized actors, directors and designers
- Budgeting, scheduling, fundraising, marketing and PR
Thank you, and see you soon!