Actions and Detail Panel
Wines of South America: Malbec, Carmenere, More! | Boston Wine School @ Sol...
Wed, July 26, 2017, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
Malbec was recently launched into stardom by the dry, sunny, high altitude vineyards of Argentina. However, South America has a long tradition of wine that has been cultivated and shaped by many waves of wine makers starting with the Spanish in the 1500s.
Wines from Argentina, Chile and even Uruguay are commanding an ever growing presence on our wine lists, retail shelves and palates. Join us for a Malbec-centric wine and food tour of South America all within the four walls of the Boston Wine School! Experience the culinary sights, smells and tastes of Malbec, Carmenere, Torrontes, and more via your wine glass and plate. By the end of the evening, you will surely have some favorite go-to South American wines.
WINE & FOOD MENU (tentative)
Santa Ema Sauvignon Blanc (Chile) | Colome Torrontes (Argentina)
Santa Rita “120” Carmenere (Chile) | Zuccardi Malbec (Uco Valley, Argentina)
Bodegas Carrau Tannat (Uruguay) | Catena Malbec (Mendoza, Argentina)
Labne | Grana Padano | Spanish Queso Azul | Figs | Bread | Olives | Salame
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This is a Level 1 survey course for beginners and enthusiasts. It assumes some exposure to wine but little formal wine knowledge. This program is appropriate for both consumers and professionals in all wine, food, hospitality and service industries.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At the Boston Wine School, we are a 100% Wine Snob Free Zone. We believe that learning about wine and food involves learning about yourself, and we promise to challenge all our students to do that. Our goal is to help you understand deeply and communicate completely what you are experiencing when you are enjoying a glass of wine or a morsel of food.
ABOUT SOLERA www.SoleraShrineToWine.com
Nestled in the middle of Rozzie Square, the store first opened one block away from its present location; “the place was small with a Mediterranean feel and it reminded me of a wine cellar.” In 2011, Solera moved to its current location overlooking the courtyard and surrounded by great restaurants and little shops. Like a fine wine, Solera has only gotten better with age. The shop just celebrated its 15th anniversary and has lived up to its motto as a Shrine to Wine. The store accommodates about 500 different wines and about 100 different craft beers from around the globe all of which are carefully selected by all the staff. Throughout the years, we have gotten to know the wine preferences of so many of our customers. A common phrase in the store is “you have never steered us wrong”. Roslindale residents make up 80 percent of the customers and the other 20% are people from adjacent communities such as, West Roxbury, Jamaica Plain, Newton and Brookline.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Guests, students and certificate candidates must meet the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcoholic beverages in the country where the program is being held: 21 in the USA and 18 in China.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Call +1-844-WINE-SCHOOL (946-3724) or email email@example.com
What's the cancel policy?
If I have to cancel class for any reason — weather, illness, emergency, whatever — I will do my best to re-schedule the class. If the new schedule doesn’t work for anyone, you will receive full credit toward any other class or event.
If you cancel MORE than a month ahead
If you cancel more than 30 days before the date of your class, you can re-schedule and receive full credit toward any other class or event.
If you cancel LESS than a month ahead
If you cancel less than 30 days before the date of your class, there are still options. Boston Wine School tickets are completely transferable, so you can give or sell them to someone else. People have said they have good luck with StubHub. Also, many classes are sold out and there is sometimes a waiting list. No guarantees, but if someone on the waiting list were to take your space, then you will receive full credit toward any other class or event.
If you need to cancel less than a month ahead, you may re-schedule by paying a 50% re-ticketing fee.
Boston Wine School classes, events, and gift certificates are non-refundable and not redeemable for cash.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Yes, feel free!
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Yes, that is fine, happens all the time.