Wine down with 1% for the Planet
Thursday, March 14, 2013 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM (PDT)
Wine down on Thursday!
Wine Downs at the HUB Berkeley are casual gatherings with drinks for people who want to join conversations about social entrepreneurship, innovation, and world-changing ideas.
The March 17th Wine Down will be hosted by
1% is a non profit organization with a mission to encourage greater corporate philanthropy
1% for the Planet is an alliance of member companies all committed to donating 1% of annual revenue to environmental causes. It was founded in 2002 by Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia, Inc., and Craig Mathews, founder of Blue Ribbon Flies. Since its founding in 2002, the network has expanded into 44 countries, it has over 1200 member companies, and through its network, over $100 million has been donated to environmental causes.
Brittany Nunnink and Rebecca Calahan Klein will be our hosts on behalf of 1% for the Planet.
When & Where
Impact Hub Bay Area
Impact Hub Bay Area is part of a global community taking collaborative action for a better world. The Impact Hub is an inspiring space, meaningful content and a vibrant global community of people.
We share the following values:
· Placemaking: We value the place around us.
· Collaborative Effort: Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration.
· Ethic of Respect: Impact Hub is a respectful place. It is safe for diversity, ideas, inspiration, and creativity.
· Building a Better World: Our community honors hopes, dreams, and values.
· Radical Inclusion: All are invited to join and build on the conversation.
Join the Impact Hub Community today and receive discounts on events, classes and professional development opportunities.
Phone Berkeley: 510-649-7700
Phone San Francisco: 415-624-5881