Wine 401: Blind Tasting Secrets
Course Synopsis: Do you love a good mystery? Want to put your senses to the test? Then this is the class for you!
More than a parlor trick, blind tasting involves focused sensory skills connected to a keen puzzle solving mentality. In this course we'll connect our senses and minds to unravel the mysteries behind the wines we find in each glass. We'll explore the process of deductive tasting to systematically answer key questions such as grape variety, growing region, winemaking style, with evidence from the glass.
After this class, you'll be a better taster and gain key insight to continue improving one glass at a time.
Here’s the scoop:
- Cost: $45 per person
- Time: 6:00-8:00pm
- Location: House of Wine, 1674 W. Hill Rd, Ste 11, Boise, ID 83702
- Class focuses on the science of wine production and sensory analysis and includes hands-on experiments. Fun!
- A minimum of 5 different wines will be explore via guided tastings
- Light appetizers will be provided
- A maximum of 12 seats are available in each course to ensure an intimate wine education experience
Fundamentals of Wine Package:
- Purchase the Fundamentals of Wine ticket and you will be signed up to attend all four of our fundamental wine classes.
- Wine 101 on January 25th
- Wine 201 on February 15th
- Wine 301 on March 15th
- Wine 401 on April 12th
- All four classes can be purchased for a discounted price of $150
Want to learn MORE? Visit us online at www.thehowofwine.com
Questions? Contact House of Wine via email: email@example.com or via phone at 208-297-WINE (9463).
See you in class!
***Due to the complexities of scheduling, classes tickets are nonrefundable. However we understand that life happens. If you are unable to attend a class please contact us prior to 72 hours of the class time and a credit willl be held for a year that can be applied to another course.***
Save This Event
When & Where
House of Wine
House of Wine is a wine production laboratory specializing in education.
Our mission at House of Wine is to be perpetual teachers and students of wine science. Whether it be in the laboratory, researching and implementing new winemaking methodology for a client, or teaching wine professionals and enthusiasts about wine, we believe in the power of learning.