San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Windows 8 App Dev Course is a free, hands-on events for developers, by developers. You learn from Microsoft expert Stepan Bechynsky in a low-key, interactive way how to build a realistic Windows Store app using C# and XAML technologies (Jan 17).
During the course you’ll learn to work with Windows 8 controls, view states, contracts, tiles and notifications, the Windows Store APIs, and other Windows 8 features.
The training is free but seats are limited! Preference is given to those attendees, who aim to develop a concrete app after the course.
PS! You’ll need to bring your own laptop and have it preloaded with Windows 8 and all the free tools and SDKs on (Downloads Page).
- 9.15 – Registration and morning coffee
- 9.30 – Lab 1: Creating a Windows 8 App
- 10.30 – Lab 2: Orientation, Snapping, and Semantic Zoom
- 11.30 – Coffee break
- 12.00 – Lab 3: Searching and Sharing
- 12.40 – Lab 4: App Bars and Media Capture
- 13.10 – Lunch
- 14.10 – Lab 5: Process Lifetime Management
- 14.30 – Lab 6: Settings and preferences
- 15.10 – Lab 7: Tiles and notifications
- 15.50 – Coffee break
- 16.20 – Demo: Azure Mobile Services
- 16.50 – Demo: Remote debugging
- 17.15 – Wrap-up, final Q&A
Stepan Bechynsky, Microsoft
Štěpán works in Microsoft Czech Republic as a Developer Evangelist and is a well-recognized speaker. He has worked as trainer in the biggest Czech training center Gopas and also as a freelancer in German software house. He is experienced with different platforms and has worked with projects sizing from one-man up to large teams. Currently Stepan is focused on upcoming Microsoft technologies.
A new opportunity for your app is here!
Sign up and see ya at the training