Employment contracts are the basis of every employment relationship, yet many employers treat them simply as a piece of paper to be signed on the first day of work and then filed away. They hold a greater importance than simply that, and if properly thought out and drafted, can be of great benefit to the employer.
Topics to be covered include:
- Statutory duty to provide a statement of employment particulars – is this different from an employment contract?
- Offer letters and employment contracts - timing
- What if the employee doesn’t sign?
- Flexibility clauses – do they work?
- Notice periods
- Protecting the business when someone leaves – garden leave, protection for confidential information, post-termination restrictions
Who should attend?
- Directors (CEO, MD, FD) and senior executives with responsibility for HR and risk management issues
- Human Resources managers and advisors
- In-house legal advisors
- Refresh your knowledge or ensure you are up-to-speed with employment law requirements in your organisation
- Make sure you are not falling foul of the law or exposing the organisation to unnecessary risks
- Networking opportunity to share ideas and experiences with other professionals
If you need any further information please call Willans' events team on 01242 542916 or email email@example.com