San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Dear friends and community partners-
Calling all kids and families to join us for a fun fall volunteer project at the Bradley International Elementary School Garden, and Playground!
We're excited to roll up our sleeves to help prepare the garden for winter with our partners at the school, and work with our partners at Preferred Painting to refresh the school Playground. This will be a family-friendly, 2-hour project with tasks for everyone ages 5 and up!
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. It's our goal to make your experience fun, uplifting, and kid-friendly.
In addition, a fresh and healthy lunch will be provided by Whole Foods Market! Join us in modeling the fun of "eating a rainbow" in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation!
Please join us for a fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating together!
Thank you again and look forward to seeing you soon!
All the best,
Marketing and Community Relations
Whole Foods Market Tamarac
Learn more about our partners at Denver Urban Gardens- www.dug.org
Learn more about our partners at Preferred Painting- www.preferredpainting.com
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
(Ages 5 - 65+)
Activities may include:
* Sweeping plant boxes
* Turning sod
* Building new beds
* Turning compost pile
* Starting worm boxes
* Seed collecting
* Building shade protection
*General school grounds clean-up
*General assistance in playground painting project
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
* Extra gardening gloves
* Extra shovels, hoes, trowels, etc.
* Extra buckets
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Old t-shirt
* Heavy boots
* Layers if it's a cloudy day
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
* Please bring water bottles and water
* Please bring snacks if needed
* We will have moderate activities for children ages 5 and under if the need to play strikes; however, if you know your little one would enjoy something special, please bring it along to share!
* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking is available on the street; we encourage carpooling and biking in!
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 303-488-2000 ex. 237
Can I update my registration information?
Absolutely! Just log back into your registration and make any changes needed.