Whole Foods Market - Planting Dreams Kids' Day of Service!
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PDT)
North Miami, FL
Calling all kids, families and community members to join us for a fun fall volunteer project at the North Miami Elementary School!
We love giving back to our local & global communities, and we want kids to love it too.
That’s why we’re hosting our first ever Kids’ Day of Service, a day dedicated to giving kids the opportunity to give back in their own special way.
We’re excited to roll up our sleeves at our “Planting Dreams” garden beautification party, which will ready the two school gardens at North Miami Elementary for Fall planting.
This will be a family-friendly, 3 hour project with tasks for everyone aged 5 and up!
Kids will have a chance to plant vegetables and flowers, paint benches and garden pots and create unique garden art that will remain on display year-round in the schools butterfly and vegetable gardens.
Volunteers will enjoy healthy snack giveaways and samples, a fresh-n-fruity face painter and a free salad bar supper to enjoy following the event.
Join us in modeling the importanceof "eating a rainbow" in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation. Please join us for a fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating together!
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. It’s our goal to make your experience fun, uplifting, and kid-friendly. This is an opportunity for customers, team members, and kids to partner together in service to our community.We'll have plenty of garden related activities to engage everyone. Looking forward to seeing you there!
KIDS' PROJECTS (Ages 5 and up):
- Learning about what can be grown locally in South Florida
- Paint whimsical plant identification signs and garden pots to be used in the garden boxes and to beautify the area
- Prepare garden beds with compost and plant cool weather seeds and starter plants, water plants
- Paint garden benches
- Assisting kids in activities
- Assemblegarden benches and paint them
- Prepare and plant beds
- Seed planting & watering
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Old t-shirt
* Closed toed shoes
*Sunglasses * Medications i.e., inhaler, epi-pen, etc.
* Please bring reusable water bottles, water will be available to refill your bottles.
* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy of the Volunteer Release Form for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request.
For further information, phone Erika Chavez at #305-892-5518