Actions and Detail Panel
Whole Foods Market Meet and Greet for New B.C.-based Producers
Wed, April 26, 2017, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM PDT
We're on a mission to find new local grocery products to feature in our Victoria and Vancouver area stores.
This event is for NEW local producers who have a product for the grocery department (packaged dry goods, packaged frozen foods, dairy). If you're a BC-based producer whose products are NOT already being sold in our BC stores, we'd love to meet you and learn more. Join us on Wednesday, April 26 from 9 am to 3 pm. Please sign up and we'll be in touch with more details closer to the event.
Important note: please take a moment to visit the Whole Foods Market website and review Whole Foods Market's Quality Standards. We will not be able to meet with producers whose products aren't retail ready or those that do not meet our Quality Standards. Retail ready means that products have UPCs, ingredient and nutrition labels. Producers also must be able to meet all of Whole Foods Market's insurance requirements.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Full requirements for products below:
- Ensure your product meets our Quality Standards
- Products have UPCs and Nutrition Labels or vendor is willing to purchase if their product is accepted for sale at Whole Foods Market
- Ability to meet insurance requirements
- A business license and all required regulatory permits
- Understanding of governmental regulations for products sold in retail environments
- An inspected production facility with all required permits
- Access to refrigerated delivery vehicle for perishable product
- A recall plan and product/ingredient traceability
- Basic understanding of wholesale such as case pack, shelf life, pricing, etc.
- The ability to meet receiving requirements including PO/Receipt procedures and standard receiving hours etc.
- Sanitation certification and understanding of food safety in a production environment
- Organic Certification for the farm or product (if applicable)
Baked Goods, Pastries, and processed products containing Flour, Dairy, Eggs, and Spices must meet the following requirements in addition to the requirements noted above:
- All flour is unbleached and unbromated
- All dairy is hormone free and all eggs are cage-free
- All spices are non-irradiated
*This list is not all-inclusive and ingredients may need to meet additional criteria
Beef, Chicken, Pork, and Turkey submissions must meet the following criteria in addition to the requirements noted above:
- Annual third part audits of all meat processing facilities (slaughter, fabrication, further processing etc)
- Initial and annual submission of paperwork and insurance for meat department vendors and associated facilities
- Farm certification to Global Animal Partnership 5-Step™ Animal Welfare Rating program for beef, pork, chicken and turkey. Raising requirements for species where 5-Step standards do not exist.
- CFIA registration of all animal production claims