San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We're excited to roll up our sleeves to help build a new garden including orchard trees and educational components with our partners at the school and from the community. This will be a family-friendly, 7-hour project with tasks for everyone ages 2 and up!
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project.
It's our goal to make your experience fun, uplifting, and kid-friendly. This is an opportunity for customers, team members, and kids to partner together in service to our community. We'll have plenty of tasks and games on-site for little ones whose attention may wander. The best part is being all together!
Also, we'll have a magical build-your-own salad-bar for kids and grown-ups, plus all the fixings. Join us in modeling the fun of "eating a rainbow" in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation! Please join us for a fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating together!
Thank you again and look forward to seeing you soon!
Store Marketing Supervisor & Enrich LA Fan
Learn more about our partners at Enrich LA here!
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
(Ages 2 - 65+)
* Sweeping plant boxes
* Turning sod
* Building new beds
* Turning compost pile
* Starting worm boxes
* Seed collecting
* Building shade protection
* Filling in holes in the greenhouse
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
* Extra gardening gloves
* Extra shovels, hoes, trowels, etc.
* Extra buckets
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Old t-shirt
* Heavy boots
* Layers if it's a cloudy day
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
* Please bring water bottles and water
* Please bring snacks if needed
* We will have moderate activities for children ages 5 and under if the need to play strikes; however, if you know your little one would enjoy something special, please bring it along to share!
* Please contact Tomas O'Grady for questions on site; email email@example.com or call 323 387 3866.
* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please park on the street in the surrounding neighborhood; we encourage carpooling and biking in!
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For Glendale please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 818-548-3695. For Pasadena please email email@example.com.
Can I update my registration information?
Absolutely! Just log back into your registration and make any changes needed.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can if you like, but we'll also have a check in sheet printed so you can save a tree and not bring your printed ticket if you prefer!
When & Where
Whole Foods Market - Glendale, Pasadena, Arroyo
Whole Foods Market Glendale, Pasadena and Arroyo Parkway Stores are proud to partner with Enrich LA throughout the year. Our stores represent the Eastside of Los Angeles and we're proud to be the homes to over 700 amazing local team members! We invite you to check out these and other great events all season with us! For a store calendar, click here: Glendale Pasadena Arroyo Parkway
See you in the garden!