Calling all kids and families to join us for a fun fall volunteer project at the Black Creek Community Farm, an eight-acre farm uniquely situated between a major urban center (Jane & Finch) and a major university (York).
We're excited to roll up our sleeves to help prepare the garden for winter with our partners at the farm. This will be a family-friendly, 2-hour project with tasks for everyone ages 2 and up!
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. It's our goal to make your experience fun, uplifting, and kid-friendly. This is an opportunity for customers, team members, and kids to partner together in service to our community. We'll have plenty of tasks and games on-site for little ones whose attention may wander. The best part is being all together!
Also, we'll have a magical build-your-own salad-bar for kids and grown-ups, plus all the fixings. Join us in modeling the fun of "eating a rainbow" in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation! Please join us for a fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating together!
Thank you again and look forward to seeing you soon!
Store Marketing Specialist & Garden Gal
Learn more about our partners at Black Creek Community Farm here!
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
(Ages 2 - 65+)
* Sweeping plant boxes
* Turning sod
* Building new beds
* Turning compost pile
* Starting worm boxes
* Seed collecting
* Building shade protection
* Filling in holes in the greenhouse
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
* Extra gardening gloves
* Extra trowels
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Old t-shirt
* Heavy boots
* Layers if it's a cloudy day
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
* Please bring water bottles and water
* Please bring snacks if needed
* We will have moderate activities for children ages 5 and under if the need to play strikes; however, if you know your little one would enjoy something special, please bring it along to share!
* Please contact Gavin Dandy for questions on site; email firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-855-4859
* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking is limited at the farm. We encourage TTC or biking. Driving directions can be found here. Please car pool if possible.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email email@example.com, or call 416-944-0500 x107.
Can I update my registration information?
Absolutely! Just log back into your registration and make any changes needed.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can if you like, but we'll also have a check in sheet printed so you can save a tree and not bring your printed ticket if you prefer!
When & Where
Whole Foods Market Yorkville
Whole Foods Market - Yorkville is proud to partner with Black Creek Community Farm throughout the year. Our store is located at 87 Avenue Road, in the heart of Yorkville and we're proud to be home to over 275 amazing team members. We invite you to check out these and other great events all fall with us! For a store calendar, click here . See you in the garden!