This workshop series is part of HMI’s Whole Farm/Ranch Land Planning program. It’s designed to educate participants about how nature functions and how producers can improve agricultural practices to increase their land’s productivity and resilience in good times and bad.
For more information on this event, including information about our speakers, please visit our website landing page.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
At the completion of the course, you’ll have a personalized Holistic Goal, a Biological Monitoring Plan, a Grazing Plan, and a Land Plan. You’ll also be well prepared to…
- Make effective farm/ranch decisions with the big picture in mind
- Improve the health of your ecosystem with effective ranch management
- Build the landscape you desire while improving land productivity with better forage utilization and grazing planning
- Create a monitoring plan to track land productivity and analyze natural resource issues
- Devise a land plan that will pay for itself with the right prioritization and investment strategy
- Manage grazing and animal impact to improve productivity by building soil and forage diversity and health
- Know when to and how to destock
- Establish infrastructure and development strategies to create more profit and improve land health
9:00 am - 5:00 pm each day
Jan 28 and Feb 4, 2017: Whole Farm/Ranch Planning Basics
February 18 and 25, 2017: Holistic Grazing Planning & Management
March 4, 2017: Holistic Land Planning
Saturday May 20, 2017: Biological Monitoring & Improving Land Management Results
MEALS AND LODGING:
Meals and lodging are NOT included in the registration fee. You may bring a sack lunch.
CANCELLATION POLICY :
Cancellations received up to 30 days prior to the course start date will receive a full refund. Cancellations received up to 14 days prior to an event start date will receive a 40% refund. No refunds will be given otherwise, unless in the event of dire emergency. This policy is required due to financial obligations incurred by HMI in planning these events. We appreciate your understanding.
By registering for this event, you hereby consent and agree that HMI has the right to take photographs, videotape, or digital recordings of you and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, for HMI outreach and further consent that your name and identity may be revealed therein or by descriptive text or commentary.