Wheel Women of DFW MTB Retreat
Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 8:00 AM - Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM (EDT)
Wheel WomenTM Retreat
Riding for Health and Happiness
This mountain biking retreat will be a casual, easy-going retreat for women who love mountain biking or want to learn about mountain biking. Meet new friends, and ride in a supportive, encouraging environment.
The number of participants will be limited to insure quality experience for everyone (Maximum 30 participants), so REGISTER NOW!
Riders of all levels: (newbie to advanced) are welcomed and will be accommodated with riding leaders for each group and clinic.
We will have bicycles available for those that have never ridden mountain bike before. If you need a bike, please indicate that when you register.
Rides and Clinics:
- Three riding skill clinics (obstacles and skill of choice)
- 2-3 guided trail rides
- Kayaking, Yoga and Tai Chi
Mountain Biking for Life:
The retreat will include the Mountain Biking for Life program. Mountain Biking for Life will take you through an introspective process that will, through the activity of mountain biking, help you to:
- Realign yourself with your intended path in life
- Decide what is important to YOU, and assess how much of that is in your life now
- Consider your current obstacles in life and how to work through them
- Rediscover and ignite your passion
Jewelry, Movies, Yoga by Linda Cuyler, Tai Chi, Kayaking sponsored by Mariner Sails:
We also intend on having: custom made jewelry on site, Yoga and/or Tai Chi for early morning and sunset, and movie night with popcorn, kayaking, campfire and some-mores!!
This retreat is RAIN or SHINE!
Bonham State Park - This beautiful park offers bunk/barracks lodging with air conditioning, showers and bathrooms; a central dining/meeting hall, and a trail that offers easy to intermediate trail riding. There is also a lake for our kayaking.
Lodging, Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast, All clinics – riding clinics, Mountain Biking for Life clinic, Tai Chi and/or Yoga, Kayaks and Kayaking, Bikes (if needed).
Optional (additional cost):
- Wheel Women Jersey – $15 (pre-order with registration)
- Mountain Biking for Life book -$25
- Jewelry – $15-30
What to Bring:
- Helmet (required- let us know if you need one)
- Hydration (water bottles or Camelbaks)
- Linens or sleeping bag and Pillow
- Bug repellent and sun screen
- Riding clothes (padded bike shorts)
- Clothes to relax in
- Clothes and shoes to kayak in
- Camera, flashlight or headlamp
- Bathroom sundries (shampoo, soap, towels, etc.)
- Your smile and presence!
Questions? Email Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Handy Learning, Inc.
Handy Learning, Inc. is owned by Susan Thompson, OTR, author of Mountain Biking for Life. She is also known in the mountain biking community for founding Wheel Women.