Join Girls in Tech LA for a panel discussion on 'What's Next: Tech Trends To Watch In 2011', at the Border Stylo offices in Hollywood.
Hear predictions about the future of tech from a diverse group of industry experts. Send us your questions on Twitter and Facebook, and find out what some of LA's best and brightest minds think about where tech is going in 2011, which of tomorrow's tools are worth learning today and what trends are worth watching in the coming year.
Following the panel, nibble on light refreshments and network with panelists and guests. Space is very limited, so buy your tickets early to guarantee access to this exclusive event.
If you cannot attend, you can also follow along with us as we livestream the panel at Justin.TV. Livestreaming services generously provided by Williams Media Design.
Note: To send questions, just append any post on the GIT LA Twitter and Facebook pages with #TechTrends
- Amanda Coolong (Moderator): Amanda Coolong is CCO, executive producer and chief correspondent at TechZulu. She has interviewed hundreds of entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and influencers at every major industry conference, and is an active beta tester for many of the products she encounters. Amanda also brings her collective industry knowledge and contacts to a select group of clients under her consulting brand, Beta PR. She specializes in the creation of integrated marketing and PR campaigns tailored to the early-stage startup. She has over a decade of experience bringing technology brands to market on an international scale.
- Heather Meeker: Heather Meeker is the Director of Marketing and Corporate Communications for Pelago, makers of Whrrl. She oversees the company’s marketing, communication and community strategies, and brings over 13 years experience working for start-up and technology companies. Heather started her career working in public relations for EarthLink and held positions at Stamps.com and Homestore.com (now Move.com). After Sept 11, she transitioned into an entirely new career in pharmaceutical sales at Pfizer, selling blockbuster drugs including Zithromax, Lipitor and Viagra. Despite success, Heather decided her passion was communications and took a role as PR Manager for Yahoo Search Marketing, followed by managing Burson Marsteller's Consumer Technology Practice. In addition to her current role at Pelago, Heather volunteers as an Advisor for the LA Chapter of Girls in Tech and is an active leader in the Los Angeles technology and start-up community. She holds a BA in Mass Communications and Journalism from Fresno State.
- Lynn Langit: Lynn Langit is a Developer Evangelist for Microsoft in Southern California. She has worked with SQL Server for 10 years and has published two technical books on SQL Server (both on Business Intelligence). In her spare time, Lynn works on creating courseware to get kids started in coding. She also personally volunteers on the largest electronic medical records project implemented in sub-saharan Africa – SmartCare. For more information check out her blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/SoCalDevGal.
- Erin Kotecki Vest: Erin Kotecki Vest is BlogHer, Inc.’s Social Media Strategist helping BlogHer make the most impact in the quickly-evolving new media landscape. Erin also served as BlogHer’s Political Director throughout the seminal 2008 election cycle and beyond, connecting community members directly to legislators and policy-makers. And as BlogHer’s Producer of Special Projects, Erin spearheaded several online video and editorial initiatives aimed at raising the profile of BlogHer’s 20 million plus community members. Prior to joining BlogHer, she spent ten years as a broadcast journalist in Los Angeles, Orlando and Detroit winning six Golden Mic Awards with LA news institution KFWB. She continues to blog on her personal site Queen of Spain Blog, and can be found tweeting both for @BlogHer and as @queenofspain.
- Laura Weidman: Director, Strategy and Business Development at Border Stylo. Laura oversees monetization and strategic analysis at Border Stylo, home of the online communication platform Glass. Laura is a JD/MBA candidate at Stanford Law School and Stanford's Graduate School of Business. While at Stanford she has taken advantage of coursework on strategic decision-making, specifically in high tech ventures, and on the evolving state of internet law. Laura has started two companies in the education space, and has extensive project management experience, including a year overseeing web projects for Conde Nast publications through an independent agency.
- Tony Adam: Tony Adam is currently Director of Online Marketing at MySpace where he heads up all aspects of SEO, Social Media, and Viral Marketing. He is also the Founder and Principal of Visible Factors, an online marketing agency and Advisor for Ranker.com and DailyD. Tony also writes about online marketing on his blog and writes a column at Search Engine Land about InHouse SEO.
When & Where
Girls In Tech
Girls in Tech is an organization and social network dedicated to the engagement, education and empowerment of intelligent and influential women in technology. As such, we work to encourage the collaboration, promotion, growth and success of women in the technology sector.