San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Black Parent Group Presents
What's in Your Child's Backpack? Discussion
Come to Win a State Fair Ticket! or School Supplies
No Childcare Provided for the Meeting, Please do not bring Children, the content is not appropriate.
Parents, as school starts again we are often relieved to get back to the routine, but what dangers lie ahead?
Do you know what is in your child's backpack?
Let's have a discussion about new products that are being targeted to our youth,especially youth of color, and in our neighborhoods.
You will Gain Knowledge:
- About flavored tobacco and how it is looked at as healthier and kids are more suspeceptible to it.
- Little cigars and cigarillos
- How the media targets our youth
- How we can prevent our child from falling victim to tobacco.
- Get resources for your child and yourself to stop using tobacco.
- What are Youth Saying about Flavored Tobacco?
"Brian Woodard, 14 - “Cherry kind of prepared me to go all the way up"
Fact: "Nearly 80 percent of all adult smokers first become regular smokers before the age of 18, and 90 percent do so before leaving their teens."
Families that come have a chance to win a Minnesota State Fair Ticket and Back to School Items.
No Childcare Provided and This is Not a Topic where Children Can be Present.
When & Where
The Black Parent Group
Mission: To restore, empower, and educate families while offering non-judgmental support.