'What is Science for?' Conference.
Exploring science in a global society
25th February 2012 at Catalyst Museum, Widnes.
The conferences will enable educators to engage with topical debates about the potential of science in today’s world, and will explore innovative and participatory methods for bringing these issues into the classroom/learning environment.
Ideally suited to science teachers and educators:
· Looking for ideas related to Applications and Implications of science
· Science teachers making connections between the new specifications and developing pupil’s scientific literacy
· Non-science specialists involved in teaching science-related issues in other subjects
· Teachers seeking to widen pupil’s understanding of the global impact of science
· Educators interested in updating their own knowledge of current issues in science
The day will consist of speakers and interactive workshops, topics will include:
Andrew Hunt - Making sense of our global interdependence through science
Professor Malcolm Dando – Bioethics and biological weapons
Eric Fewster - Science and engineering in relief and development
£45 - Delegate Fee
£15 - Trainee Teacher Fee
For more information email email@example.com or call 0161 921 8020.
All participants will be given a pack of practical teaching materials.
St Margaret's Centre and Playing FIelds
Striving through education to develop alternatives to conflict and injustice...promoting the well being of individual and communities...We have many faiths but only one world in which to co-exist
St Margarets Centre was originally purchased as a piece of land by the wife of St Margarets Vicar in the late 1800's to 'beneift the children of the parish' of St Margarets. Since its early days the Trustees and parish members worked hard to deliver the vision and provide support where it's most needed.
We provide a space for people to come together and share learning experiences that enhance and empower their daily lives.
We offer the following programmes in Manchester:
- Schools Programme:
- Community Programme:
- Love Learning Programme:
- One World programme: One World bookshop stocking books on various awareness campaigns such as fair trade, child labour and environmental issues affecting developing countries.