Pre-Approved for 2 HRCI Credits & SHRM PDCs
Payroll and the payroll process is easily a company’s most important function. It’s how everyone gets paid – and if employees aren’t paid or aren’t paid correctly -- they won’t stick around. This class is designed to educate non-payroll supervisors and managers (and especially HR people) on the basics that every manager needs know. Topics include:
• Major Federal and State Laws regarding payroll and how people are paid
• Required paperwork and information for paycheck processing
• Key payroll processes that every company should have in place
o Employee Status Change
o Wage Change
o Timesheet Approval
o Paid and Non-Paid Days Off
• What to research and consider if you are incorporating or changing to a new Payroll System
• Why timelines and due dates are so important for payroll, and why there is so little flexibility.
Who should attend:
HR professionals of all levels, as well as administrative and management staff who interact with payroll on a regular basis.