Welcome to Cleveland Weekend
Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM - Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Something truly amazing is happening in Cleveland. More and more artists across the country are discovering the charms of this Midwestern capital of culture ... a place with a broad range of support services for artists, cutting-edge cultural groups, unique and authentic neighborhoods ... and rock-bottom cost-of-living.
Welcome to Cleveland Weekend is an incredible opportunity for you to see in person why our city is one of the top locations in the country for artists, musicians and creative entrepreneurs! This three-night, three-day event gives you the ability to check out the unique set of amenities that make Cleveland such a great place for creative people to live and work ... All at a fraction of the price of planning a trip on your own.
- Meet other artists from around the country who are thinking about relocating to Cleveland, as well as artists who have already made it their home.
- Tour some of Cleveland's most artist-friendly neighborhoods, hearing from artists first-hand about the places where they live and work.
- Get behind-the-scene access to some of Cleveland's great cultural organizations and hear how those already great groups are working to get even stronger.
- Find out about all sorts of artist resources unique to Cleveland and how they're helping artists pursue their dreams.
- Take tours of houses and storefronts being targeted for artist ownership and rental spaces ... With purchase prices as low as $6,500!
- Soak in the arts, culture and top-notch culinary scene that makes Cleveland such a great quality-of-life city.
Want to be part of this first-of-its kind artist tour? Registration is only $50 per individual and $100 per couple. Space is very limited for this one-time opportunity, so register early!
* Please note that due to limited space, registration fees are non-refundable.
- Three nights at the beautiful, historic and centrally-located Hyatt at the Arcade (http://cleveland.hyatt.com).
- Guided tours and programming, led by some of Cleveland's most knowledgeable and passionate community development workers, cultural workers and artists. See cultural organizations, arts districts and artist housing, with time left over for your own personal exploration.
- Complementary daytime and evening arts programming.
- Ground transportation throughout your stay.
- Five meals giving you a taste of Cleveland's nationally celebrated culinary scene.
* Please note that our artist participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from Cleveland.
Need more information? Find out more about our artist support services at www.welcometocollinwood.com. E-mail Seth (email@example.com) or Tonya (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Or give us a call at 216.481.7660. We're here to help!
When & Where
Northeast Shores and the Community Partnership for Arts & Culture
Our two nonprofit organizations are working every day to get artists' access to space ownership, grants and loans ... And making sure that artists get a chance to play a big role in neighborhood revitalization.
Our artist support programs are made possible through the generous support of Leveraging Investments in Creativity, the Kresge Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Educational Foundation of America, ArtPlace, NoteWorthy Federal Credit Union, the George Gund Foundation, KeyBank, the Ohio Arts Council, Charter One Growing Communities, Dominion, First Federal Lakewood and the residents of Cuyahoga County through a public grant from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. Additional assistance comes from The Cleveland Foundation, Councilman Michael Polensek, The Kulas Foundation, The John P. Murphy Foundation and Neighborhood Progress, Inc.