Course ID: SPM1MD102216
SAFe® PM/PO – SAFe® Product Manager / Product Owner Certification Course (Based on new SAFe 4)
Attend this two day course to gain the knowledge necessary to help Product Manager/Product Owner function in an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework, and its underlying principles of lean thinking and product development flow. You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework to manage backlogs, write features, user stories, engage stakeholders, participate in various ceremonies with the unique role and responsibilities. Learn and build skills and tools to write epics, features, and user stories to manage backlogs in SAFe. You will learn how to drive and optimize value in programs in Scaled Agile Framework.
16 PMI® PDUs are offered for attending the two day course towards PMP® and PMI-ACP® credentials. 16 SEUs are offered for attending the complete course as well.
For our training classes in 2016, we are offering individual discount program. Below are the details:
Individual referral program: Once you register for a weekend/long-weekend course, you will receive a welcome email including a personalized link for reference. Email us if you don’t receive it within 48 hours. Share it with others. Using the personalized reference link, you referrals would pay $100 below the effective registration fee for the course. In addition, each referral gets you $100 discount towards your registration fee.
1. Be able to apply the Scaled Agile Framework.
2. Understand the principles that apply to lean thinking and how they apply to product development and other life cycles.
3. Learn to apply these principles to support creative thinking, agile development, Agile Release Train, SAFe ScrumXP, and Agile Architecture.
4. Learn how these principles can further be applied at a management level in scaling leadership with Agile Portfolio Management.
5. Understand the value and how to apply more efficient employee interactions and productivity, time-to-market goals and improving quality.
6. Work from real work examples to be able to apply yourself. The world if not built from textbooks, it is built from YOUR MIND.
7. Learn, Build, and Enhance your leadership skills to helplyou progress in your careers.
8. Understand the importance of helping others learn, build and enhance their skills under your leadership to show your potential.
9. Analyze real work situations like cases with measurable results.
10. Be able to apply SMART goals in the work place - Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely.
The instructor is Jai Singhal who is an experienced professional with over 22 years of experience in the IT Industry and has held every role applicable to the SDLC and Portfolio Management. He understand all roles in a detail and deep level to be able to answer any question or problem he is asked to face. We encourage people take advantage of him as a resource during the class as he rarely has time to run trainings, but has agreed to help run discounted trainings for a short period of time near the Washington D.C. area.
This certification is for people who are aspiring to be and want to improve as IT Executives, Program and Project managers, professionals, Agile Coaches and Mentors, Enterprise Leaders, and Change agents.
This course is also required for one seeking Scaled Agile® Framework PM/PO certification. Your exam registration cost is included in the course and you will work with your instructor to register the date of the exam.
There is no requirement to take this course, however please keep in mind that there are requirements to obtain your certification after the test:
1. Attend THIS 2-day SAFe® PM/PO course based on SAFe 4
2. Pass the SAFe® PM/PO exam
SAFe and Scaled Agile are registered trademarks of Scaled Agile, Inc.
PMI, PMP, and PMI-ACP are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.