This class is BYOL- Bring Your Own Laptop!
What will I learn?
Web Basics 102 will carry you through more advanced principles in HTML/CSS and prepare you for designing and enhancing your first web project. Throughout this course you will be expanding on the basic layout you developed in Web 101.
- HTML5 and its current implementation -- header, footer, nav, section, article
- Integrate CSS to target these new HTML5 attributes
- Display, inline-block,floats and clearing floats, and CSS positioning
- CSS3 - discuss current implementation and cross-browser compatibility
- Calculate dimensions with calc() attribute
- Review pseudo classes and introduce pseudo selectors
- Create dropdown menus
- Setting fixed heights
- Review CSS resets and importance
- Create stylesheets
- Percentage vs. pixel based dimensions
- Build scrollable navigation
- Nesting elements
- DOM manipulation
What can I expect?
This class is held 1-day per week for 4 weeks. Each 2.5 hour session is a mixture of lecture and hands-on exercises to best teach you the fundamentals of the web. Hands-on practice is essential to understand and fully grasp the concepts presented. Students should expect to work on assigned exercises and practice at home to get the most out of this class.
In addition to class, as a CODEcamp student you get:
- Access to the FS2 Computer Lab and the chance to practice your skills
- References to open-source resources to provide additional assistance and information
What can I accomplish?
By the end of this course, you will create a working website using enhanced knowledge of the Web. Next, you are ready to continue with any BEGINNER course in any TRACK.
Are there any prerequisites?
Students will begin their own web project in Web Basics 101 and continue to build and develop the project throughout the Web Basics series.
Please contact us if you are interested in skipping a particular class or taking a class out of order.