WebnLearn: The Building Blocks of PPM™ - with Project Server 2010
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (EDT)
The Building Blocks of PPM™ represent the common business objectives and process areas that are the business drivers behind most Project Server deployments.
During this event, students will learn how Project Server supports the end-to-end project management lifecycle through The Building Blocks of PPM:
Project Intake & Prioritization
- Capture project proposals with supporting business cases and prioritize against business drivers and existing workload.
Resource Capacity/Demand Management
- Establish resource capacity baseline and capture work demand to identify staffing bottlenecks.
Budgeting and Cost Tracking
- Load budgets & cost estimates in project schedules; then track progress and report variance during execution.
Project Planning and Collaboration
- Plan the detailed scope of work with key deliverables, milestones and resource assignments. Collaborate on project artifacts.
Project Status and Portfolio Reporting
- Track actual progress to date and reforecast based on Estimates To Completion; status against key performance indicators and roll-up portfolio reporting.
About the Presenter:
Kenneth Steiness, PMP/PMI-SP MCP MCT
Virtual Technology Solutions Professional (V-TSP), Microsoft
Managing Partner & VP of Delivery, Sensei Project Solutions
Kenneth has worked in the project management and scheduling field for over 16 years, and has managed customer engagements in over 13 countries worldwide and throughout the United States. His focus is on process and the discipline of PPM and scheduling whenever he engages with clients to deploy Microsoft Project and Project Server or teaches classes on the subject. Kenneth has presented at worldwide conferences for Microsoft and PMI; and to many Microsoft Project User Groups over the years.
Where Project Managers and Microsoft® Meet. MPUG delivers our users relevant and independent Microsoft Project Management content, resources, opportunities and community networking world wide. MPUG connects thousands of project management practitioners -- to help them better leverage their investment in Microsoft tools such as Microsoft Project, Excel and Sharepoint for Project Management and ultimately advance their businesses and careers.