REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED AT LEAST 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE START OF THE LIVE WEBINAR.
Title: When is the Right Time for Graduate School?
Date: Wednesday March 19, 2014
Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
(12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CT; 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM MT; 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM PT)
|The decision to go to graduate school can be scary. After all, nurses need to consider cost, work schedules, and how it will affect their careers and family lives. Is now a good time to think about going to grad school? Absolutely.
- Registered Nurses: 1.0 contact hour
Course delivery format: Online - Webinar
The goal of this webinar is to provide tips for success in graduate school tailored to various characteristics, programs, and life circumstances.
Upon completion, participants will be able to do the following:
1. Discuss the Future of Nursing Report recommendations for nurses to pursue advanced degrees
2. Differentiate programs and concentrations in anticipation of future career opportunities
3. List strategies to ensure successfully balancing graduate school with work and family responsibilities
Julia Aucoin, DNS, RN-BC, CNE has been working in nursing education and professional development for over thirty years. As both an academic and a practice educator, she employs creative learning strategies, to make learning fun and make it stick. Julia maintains a consulting practice as well, in Magnet Recognition and accreditation issues for educators. She currently holds academic appointments as Assistant Consulting Professor at Duke University School of Nursing and Associate Professor of Nursing at Nova Southeastern University , and works with both undergraduate and graduate students. Certified in both Nursing Professional Development (ANCC) and Academic Education (NLN), she has served in a leadership capacity in the development of both exams. She currently serves as Treasurer of the National Nurses Staff Development Organization. Julia's nursing degrees are all from Louisiana State University Health Science Center.
Audience and Requirements
Course Completion Requirements and Awarding Certificate
After listening to the webinar presentation, complete the course test online. With a score of 75% or better and completing the evaluation, you may immediately print your CE certificate of completion or save a pdf of it for your records. You may also request a copy to be sent to you by mail. If your score is less than the passing score of 75%, you may retake the test. In the event of loss, there is no charge for a replacement copy of a CE certificate.
Continuing education licensing requirements vary by jurisdiction, are not well defined, and may change. We recommend you contact your licensing board or accrediting organization for the latest continuing education requirements of your state or territory.
Accommodations for Disabilities
Every effort will be made to accommodate your special needs. To request accommodation; please contact the CE office at (800) 866-0919.
Gannett Education is committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with accreditation agencies and boards. Gannett Education will comply with all responsibilities to be nondiscriminatory in activities, program content, and in treatment of participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the Executive Vice President, Gannett Education, Global Programming, and members of the continuing education division.
While Gannett Education attempts to assure fair treatment of all participants, we recognize grievances that may require intervention. Grievances are handled in the following manner:
When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance, the Executive Vice President, Gannett Education, Global Programming, will evaluate the nature of the complaint. If it is meritorious, the Executive Vice President, Gannett Education, Global Programming, will instruct the staff to implement any necessary changes in the course. The complainant will receive a response from the Executive Vice President, Gannett Education, Global Programming, or designated staff within 5 working days.
You may file a complaint by telephone or email.
Telephone #: 800.866.0919
How to Register/Attend:
- Complete the Webinar Pre-Registration Form above.
- Receive an email with a link to confirm your “seat” reservation. There are a limited number of seats for each webinar so please be sure to open the email, click the link, and reserve your seat.
- After reserving your seat you will receive an email from GoToWebinar with more details about the webinar event.
- The day prior and the hour prior to the webinar you should receive reminder emails with links to launch the webinar.
- You should log on the webinar at least 10-15 minutes before the event begins so you will have ample time to download the webinar client and log on. It is highly suggested that you view the webinar on Internet Explorer 9 or another browser such as Firefox, Chrome or Safari. If viewing on an IE version 8 or below, you may have trouble connecting to the webinar.
- If you are unable to attend the live session, please visit Nurse.com 2-3 days after the event to view the recording. You will still be able to earn CE credit after the live event.
The webinar will be hosted by GoToWebinar™. If you have not attended a webinar at GoToWebinar™ in the past, you will need to download and install the GoToMeeting software free of charge.
GoToWebinar Attendee Quick Reference Guide
Disclosures to Participants:
Webinars must be attended in their entirety and the evaluation form must be completed to receive a certificate of completion.
The planners and presenter(s)/author(s) of this course have declared no real or perceived conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity.
Gannett Education guarantees the content of these educational activities are free from bias.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by the provider or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity.
Course Completion Requirements and Awarding Certificate
After listening to the webinar presentation, complete and successfully pass the course test online. In the event of loss, there is no charge for a replacement copy of a CE certificate.
Nurse.com educational events are provided by Gannett Education.
Gannett Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Gannett Education is also accredited by the Florida Board of Nursing (provider no. FBN 50-1489) and the California Board of Registered Nursing (provider no. CEP 13213).