REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED AT LEAST 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE START OF THE LIVE WEBINAR.
Title: Utilizing Evidence-Based Practice and IT to Enhance Safety
Date: Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Time: 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST
(6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CST; 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM MST; 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM PST)
|According to MeSH (2009), Evidence-Based Practice is defined as "a way of providing healthcare that is guided by a thoughtful integration of the best available scientific knowledge with clinical expertise. This approach allows the practitioner to critically assess research data, clinical guidelines, and other information resources in order to correctly identify the clinical problem, apply the most high-quality intervention, and re-evaluate the outcome for future improvement." Learn how Health Information Technology (HIT) can be a means to facilitate effective communication among health care providers and their patients, while also supporting the delivery of safe, evidence based care.
- Registered Nurses: 1.0 contact hour
- Registered Dietitian: 1.0 CPEU (Level 2)
Course delivery format: Online - Webinar
The goal of this webinar is to provide an introduction to the interplay between evidence-based practice and technology, with a focus on risk, safety, & quality.
Upon completion, participants will be able to do the following:
1. Verbalize three aspects of the integration of information technology and evidence-based practice.
2. Identify four challenges (risks) with information technology in a clinical setting and how to mitigate those concerns.
3. List three ways Information Technology can enhance Evidence-Based Practice.
Sarah Fletcher, RN-BC, BS, BSN is a Nursing Informatics consultant for MedSys Group Consulting in Plano, Texas.
Audience and Requirements
Registered Nurses, Registered Dietitians (Level 2)
Course Completion Requirements and Awarding Certificate
After listening to the webinar presentation, complete the course test online. With a score of 75% or better and completing the evaluation, you may immediately print your CE certificate of completion or save a pdf of it for your records. You may also request a copy to be sent to you by mail. If your score is less than the passing score of 75%, you may retake the test. In the event of loss, there is no charge for a replacement copy of a CE certificate.
Continuing education licensing requirements vary by jurisdiction, are not well defined, and may change. We recommend you contact your licensing board or accrediting organization for the latest continuing education requirements of your state or territory.
Accommodations for Disabilities
Every effort will be made to accommodate your special needs. To request accommodation; please contact the CE office at (800) 866-0919.
Gannett Education is committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with accreditation agencies and boards. Gannett Education will comply with all responsibilities to be nondiscriminatory in activities, program content, and in treatment of participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the Executive Vice President, Gannett Education, Global Programming, and members of the continuing education division.
While Gannett Education attempts to assure fair treatment of all participants, we recognize grievances that may require intervention. Grievances are handled in the following manner:
When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance, the Executive Vice President, Gannett Education, Global Programming, will evaluate the nature of the complaint. If it is meritorious, the Executive Vice President, Gannett Education, Global Programming, will instruct the staff to implement any necessary changes in the course. The complainant will receive a response from the Executive Vice President, Gannett Education, Global Programming, or designated staff within 5 working days.
You may file a complaint by telephone or email.
Telephone #: 800.866.0919
How to Register/Attend:
- Complete the Webinar Pre-Registration Form above.
- Receive an email with a link to confirm your “seat” reservation. There are a limited number of seats for each webinar so please be sure to open the email, click the link, and reserve your seat.
- After reserving your seat you will receive an email from GoToWebinar with more details about the webinar event.
- The day prior and the hour prior to the webinar you should receive reminder emails with links to launch the webinar.
- You should log on the webinar at least 10-15 minutes before the event begins so you will have ample time to download the webinar client and log on. It is highly suggested that you view the webinar on Internet Explorer 9 or another browser such as Firefox, Chrome or Safari. If viewing on an IE version 8 or below, you may have trouble connecting to the webinar.
- If you are unable to attend the live session, please visit Nurse.com 2-3 days after the event to view the recording. You will still be able to earn CE credit after the live event.
The webinar will be hosted by GoToWebinar™. If you have not attended a webinar at GoToWebinar™ in the past, you will need to download and install the GoToMeeting software free of charge.
GoToWebinar Attendee Quick Reference Guide
Disclosures to Participants:
Webinars must be attended in their entirety and the evaluation form must be completed to receive a certificate of completion.
The planners and presenter(s)/author(s) of this course have declared no real or perceived conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity.
Gannett Education guarantees the content of these educational activities are free from bias.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by the provider or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity.
Course Completion Requirements and Awarding Certificate
After listening to the webinar presentation, complete and successfully pass the course test online. In the event of loss, there is no charge for a replacement copy of a CE certificate.
Nurse.com educational events are provided by Gannett Education.
Gannett Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Gannett Education is also accredited by the Florida Board of Nursing (provider no. FBN 50-1489) and the California Board of Registered Nursing (provider no. CEP 13213).
Gannett Education is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a level 2.
Gannett Education is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).