REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED AT LEAST 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE START OF THE LIVE WEBINAR.
||The American Healthcare Workforce: Building and Sustaining for the Future
||Wednesday, July 23, 2014
||7:00 PM - 8:00 PM ET (6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CT; 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM MT; 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM PT)
Is the healthcare workforce about supply or sustainability? As the baby boomer generation continues to age, more healthcare professionals will be needed to take care of this population. Will there be enough competent, compassionate people who not only will enter the healthcare workforce but also remain in it to provide that care? This webinar will discuss how ensuring an ethical practice environment where clinicians can practice with integrity and are not subjected to morally distressing situations that cause burnout is necessary for that sustainability.
| CONTINUING EDUCATION INFORMATION
||1.0 contact hours
The goal of this webinar is to present information about the US healthcare workforce along with a discussion of the impact of health reform on future workforce planning.
Upon completion, participants will be able to do the following:
1. Discuss current and future nursing and healthcare workforce demographic trends.
2. Describe the impact on health reform on the nursing workforce.
3. Identify recommendations for current and future nurses to prepare for changing roles in the new environment.
Dr. Rose Sherman is a professor at Florida Atlantic University in the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing and coordinator of the Nursing Administration Master's Program. Prior to joining the faculty at FAU, Rose had a 25 year nursing leadership career with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Rose graduated with a BS in Nursing from the University of Florida. Her MS in Nursing is from the Catholic University of America and her Doctorate is in Nursing Leadership from Teachers College, Columbia University. Rose is ANCC certified as a Nurse Executive Advanced. She has published over 60 articles and 7 book chapters on Nursing Leadership topics, and received more than 2.5 million dollars in training in research grants. Rose is an alumni of the Robert Wood Johnson Executive Nurse Fellowship Program and is a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing.
| AUDIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
Audience: Registered Nurses
Course Completion Requirements and Awarding Certificate: After listening to the webinar presentation, complete the course test online. With a score of 75% or better and completing the evaluation, you may immediately print your CE certificate of completion or save a pdf of it for your records. You may also request a copy to be sent to you by mail. If your score is less than the passing score of 75%, you may retake the test. In the event of loss, there is no charge for a replacement copy of a CE certificate.
Jurisdictional Requirements: Continuing education licensing requirements vary by jurisdiction, are not well defined, and may change. We recommend you contact your licensing board or accrediting organization for the latest continuing education requirements of your state or territory.
Accommodations for Disabilities: Every effort will be made to accommodate your special needs. To request accommodation; please contact the CE office at (800) 866-0919.
Grievance Procedure: ContinuingEducation.com is committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with accreditation agencies and boards. ContinuingEducation.com will comply with all responsibilities to be nondiscriminatory in activities, program content, and in treatment of participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the Executive Vice President, ContinuingEducation.com, Global Programming, and members of the continuing education division.
While ContinuingEducation.com attempts to assure fair treatment of all participants, we recognize grievances that may require intervention. Grievances are handled in the following manner:
When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance, the Executive Vice President, ContinuingEducation.com, Global Programming, will evaluate the nature of the complaint. If it is meritorious, the Executive Vice President, ContinuingEducation.com, Global Programming, will instruct the staff to implement any necessary changes in the course. The complainant will receive a response from the Executive Vice President, ContinuingEducation.com, Global Programming, or designated staff within 5 working days.
You may file a complaint by telephone or email.
Telephone #: 800.866.0919.
How to Register/Attend:
- Complete the Webinar Pre-Registration Form above. You will then receive an email from EventBrite confirming that you registered for this webcast.
- Approximately one week prior to the event, you will receive an email from GoToWebinar with your personal login to the webinar. Please check your spam folder, as it is possible the email may be filtered into your spam/junk folder.
- You will also receive reminder emails from GoToWebinar 24 hours before, and 1 hour before the actual event begins with your personal link to the webinar. Again, please check your spam folder, as it is possible the email may be filtered into your spam/junk folder.
- You should log on the webinar at least 10-15 minutes before the event begins so you will have ample time to download the webinar software and log in. It is highly suggested that you view the webinar on Internet Explorer 9 or above or another browser such as Firefox, Chrome or Safari. If viewing on an Internet Explorer version 8 or below, you may have trouble connecting to the webinar.
- If you are unable to attend the live session, please visit Nurse.com 2-3 days after the event to view the recording. You will still be able to earn CE credit after the live event.
The webinar will be hosted by GoToWebinar™. If you have not attended a webinar at GoToWebinar™ in the past, you will need to download and install the GoToMeeting software free of charge.
GoToWebinar Attendee Quick Reference Guide
| DISCLOSURE TO PARTICIPANTS
Webinars must be attended in their entirety and the evaluation form must be completed to receive a certificate of completion.
The planners and presenter(s)/author(s) of this course have declared no real or perceived conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity.
ContinuingEducation.com guarantees the content of these educational activities are free from bias.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by the provider or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity.
|COURSE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS AND AWARDING CERTIFICATE
After listening to the webinar presentation either live or via the recording, and succesfully pass the test and complete the evaluation form to receive your contact hour. In the event of loss, there is no charge for a replacement copy of a CE certificate.
ContinuingEducation.com is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
ContinuingEducation.com is also accredited by the Florida Board of Nursing (provider # FBN 50-1489) and the California Board of Registered Nursing (provider # CEP 13213).