Webinar: Measuring the Quality of your Documentation
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM (CET)
Join the STC Europe SIG and STC France chapter on 22 March 2011 for a webinar with quality-assessment expert and STC member Alice Jane Emanuel who will introduce an easy-to-use, yet comprehensive tool for document quality assessment.
Alice Jane will demonstrate how this tool provides granular feedback so that you can improve your documentation, and provide empirical data so that you can track your or your team's progress towards better quality documentation, improve your documentation department's quality of output, and create useful documentation metrics.
Alice Jane Emanuel is a quality-assessment expert with more than 15 years of experience in large-scale regional and international peer review activities. She developed this tool out of a process of research and development that included years of working on peer review assessment tools, working with other peer review professionals, and marketing the business benefits of quality to corporate management in a fast-paced business world.
Date & Time:
Tuesday 22 March 2011
14:00 Eastern Time *
13:00 Central Time *
12:00 Mountain Time *
11:00 Pacific Time *
(* - The US is on Daylight Savings Time on 22 March.)
Free: Members of STC's Europe SIG and France Chapter
15 Euros: Members of STC, CRT, ISTC, and other Intecom societies
30 Euros: Non-STC members (consider joining STC and the chapter or SIG today to get the reduced rate!)
- Upon completing the sign up process, we will send you a confirmation email confirming your registration, instructions for connecting to the web and audio conference, and additional technical details.
- No refunds will be issued if you miss the webinar.
- The webinar will be recorded. The recording and the assessment tool will be made available to all registered participants, regardless of attendance.
Webinar Tool and System Requirements:
- Participants can connect to the web conference portion of the event using Windows (Internet Explorer), MacOSX (Firefox or Safari), or Linux (Firefox).
- You can connect to the audio portion of the event via telephone or through your computer (VoIP - Windows users only) or via Skype.
- A local/national rate number or toll-free number will be provided to you in the webinar connection instructions.
STC France & STC Europe SIG
STC France is an international community of the Society for Technical Communication (STC) with a local focus in France. It is the first European chapter, established in 1991. STC France supports technical communication professionals and students with networking opportunities, educational events, and career development resources.
The STC Europe SIG (Special Interest Group) facilitates discussion and exchange of knowledge in all aspects of technical communication, especially as they pertain to technical communicators in Europe.
This webinar is sponsored by UTC Fire & Security EMEA.