REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED AT LEAST 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE START OF THE LIVE WEBINAR.
||How Does High-Quality Pain Relief Contribute to Good Outcomes for Patients and Professionals?
||Monday, May 12, 2014
||7:00 PM - 8:00 PM ET (6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CT; 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM MT; 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM PT)
Acute pain is a universal experience and chronic pain is a growing epidemic. Inadequately managed pain can lead to adverse physical and psychological outcomes for individual patients and their families. It can also affect professionals' satisfaction with their role and impact the institution's reimbursement rate. This webinar will discuss pain management, identifying what exactly quality pain management is, and the importance of monitoring quality, safety, and satisfaction data
| CONTINUING EDUCATION INFORMATION
||1.0 contact hours
The goal of this webinar is to improve the RN's knowledge of best practices related to pain assessment, treatment planning, ensuring patient safety and satisfaction with the way pain is managed.
Upon completion, participants will be able to do the following:
- Explain National standards and polices related to pain
- Describe Pain Assessment Strategies based on patients age and ability to understand/use tools
- Discuss the principles of safe, effective use of pain relievers
- Identify at least three non-drug pain relief options that can be used in current clinical settings
- Modify treatment plans in patients with complex needs
- Identify three process/outcome measures used to determine quality of pain management
Dr. Paul Arnstein is a certified family nurse practitioner, clinical nurse specialist and pain management nurse. Dr. Arnstein works with patients, professionals, and policymakers to ensure that no patient lives or dies with needless pain due to unrealistic fears and mistaken beliefs about pain and its treatment.
| AUDIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
Audience: Registered Nurses
Course Completion Requirements and Awarding Certificate: After listening to the webinar presentation, complete the course test online. With a score of 75% or better and completing the evaluation, you may immediately print your CE certificate of completion or save a pdf of it for your records. You may also request a copy to be sent to you by mail. If your score is less than the passing score of 75%, you may retake the test. In the event of loss, there is no charge for a replacement copy of a CE certificate.
Jurisdictional Requirements: Continuing education licensing requirements vary by jurisdiction, are not well defined, and may change. We recommend you contact your licensing board or accrediting organization for the latest continuing education requirements of your state or territory.
Accommodations for Disabilities: Every effort will be made to accommodate your special needs. To request accommodation; please contact the CE office at (800) 866-0919.
Grievance Procedure: ContinuingEducation.com is committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with accreditation agencies and boards. ContinuingEducation.com will comply with all responsibilities to be nondiscriminatory in activities, program content, and in treatment of participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the Executive Vice President, ContinuingEducation.com, Global Programming, and members of the continuing education division.
While ContinuingEducation.com attempts to assure fair treatment of all participants, we recognize grievances that may require intervention. Grievances are handled in the following manner:
When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance, the Executive Vice President, ContinuingEducation.com, Global Programming, will evaluate the nature of the complaint. If it is meritorious, the Executive Vice President, ContinuingEducation.com, Global Programming, will instruct the staff to implement any necessary changes in the course. The complainant will receive a response from the Executive Vice President, ContinuingEducation.com, Global Programming, or designated staff within 5 working days.
You may file a complaint by telephone or email.
Telephone #: 800.866.0919.
How to Register/Attend:
- Complete the Webinar Pre-Registration Form above. You will then receive an email from EventBrite confirming that you registered for this webcast.
- Approximately one week prior to the event, you will receive an email from GoToWebinar with your personal login to the webinar. Please check your spam folder, as it is possible the email may be filtered into your spam/junk folder.
- You will also receive reminder emails from GoToWebinar 24 hours before, and 1 hour before the actual event begins with your personal link to the webinar. Again, please check your spam folder, as it is possible the email may be filtered into your spam/junk folder.
- You should log on the webinar at least 10-15 minutes before the event begins so you will have ample time to download the webinar software and log in. It is highly suggested that you view the webinar on Internet Explorer 9 or above or another browser such as Firefox, Chrome or Safari. If viewing on an Internet Explorer version 8 or below, you may have trouble connecting to the webinar.
- If you are unable to attend the live session, please visit Nurse.com 2-3 days after the event to view the recording. You will still be able to earn CE credit after the live event.
The webinar will be hosted by GoToWebinar™. If you have not attended a webinar at GoToWebinar™ in the past, you will need to download and install the GoToMeeting software free of charge.
GoToWebinar Attendee Quick Reference Guide
| DISCLOSURE TO PARTICIPANTS
Webinars must be attended in their entirety and the evaluation form must be completed to receive a certificate of completion.
The planners and presenter(s)/author(s) of this course have declared no real or perceived conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity.
Dr. Paul Arnstein, RN, PhD, FAAN, Clinical Nurse Specialist for Pain Relief, Director at Massachusetts General Hospital, discloses that he is a consultant for both Zogenic and Sterling Lab.
ContinuingEducation.com guarantees the content of these educational activities are free from bias.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by the provider or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity.
|COURSE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS AND AWARDING CERTIFICATE
After listening to the webinar presentation either live or via the recording, and succesfully pass the test and complete the evaluation form to receive your contact hour. In the event of loss, there is no charge for a replacement copy of a CE certificate.
ContinuingEducation.com is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
ContinuingEducation.com is also accredited by the Florida Board of Nursing (provider # FBN 50-1489) and the California Board of Registered Nursing (provider # CEP 13213).