San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Get Prepared for the Web Development Immersive
Beginning your web development journey can sometimes be a little intimidating, especially if you’re trying to achieve the skills necessary to gain acceptance to our 6-month program. This 8-week, part-time workshop was created specifically to help change that and to jumpstart your career as a Web Developer.
Why take this workshop?
You will learn the technical skills needed to succeed in the Galvanize Web Development admissions process, while also giving you the room and space to explore your interests in web development and programming.
NOTE: Successful completion of this workshop does not guarentee acceptance into the Galvanize Web Development Immersive program.
What You’ll Learn:
No matter your existing skill level, by the end of this workshop you will learn:
- Working with objects and learning to evaluate conditions
- Working with functions to create complex code
- Interacting with the web browser using jQuery
- Working with JSON documents
- Interacting with APIs using AJAX, like Google Maps, Instagram, and Twitter
View what past students, with no previous web coding experience, have created in this workshop in just a few short weeks:
Who Should Take this Class?
- Hobbyist: Come and test the waters and see if working with programming logic and coding is something you enjoy.
- Future Web Development Immersive Student: If you are considering becoming a Galvanize Web Development student, you will find this workshop will give you the tools and techniques you are expected to know to enter the program. To learn more about the admission requirements for our Web Development Immersive Program, click here.
100% of 1 workshop payment, or 75% of two workshop payments can be used as tuition credit for our Web Development Immersive in the following cities: San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, and Boulder. For these cities, candidates must enroll in an Immersive that begins within 1 year of the completion of their workshop(s). Candidates can take the workshop in any city.
Monday & Wednesday
6pm – 8pm
Week 1: Oct 10th & 12th
Week 2: Oct 17th & 19th
Week 3: Oct 24th & 26th
Week 4: Oct 31st & Nov 2nd
Week 5: Nov 7th & 9th
Week 6: Nov 14th & 16th
Thanksgiving Week Off
Week 7: Nov 28th & 30th
Week 8: Dec 5th & 7th
Both Mac and Window laptops are acceptable.
If you have questions, or simply want to makes sure that this workshop is for you, please reach out to us at email@example.com
When & Where