[Teens & Adults // Aged 16+]
Instructor: Tristin Miller
Thursdays at 11a - 130p
5 January - 23 February, 2017
The emphasis of this eight-week study will be on how to build a creative habit through the exploration of wet media and drawing. Students will be given a thorough introduction to watercolors, the basics of drawing from observation, and the principals of color theory. Keeping a regular sketchbook will be a major part of the curriculum and very helpful in aiding the student's success in the classroom. Some experience in drawing from observation and painting is helpful, but not required.
- Sketchbook that is wet media friendly. No smaller than 5"x 8"
- Large plastic palette
- High quality artist grade watercolor paints in tubes. MUST BE TUBES.
- Titanium White
- Phthalo or Ultramarine Blue
- Alizarin Crimson Permanent or Cadmium Red Light
- Cadmium Yellow Medium or Lemon Nickel Titanate
- Yellow Ochre or Raw Sienna
- Burnt Umber
- Viridian or Sap Green or Chromium Oxide Green
- Black Sumi or India ink. required for first day of class!
- High quality watercolor or mixed media brushes.
Students must provide their own materials, and may bring supplies from home. Tools/materials are available for purchase at Shelf Life. All students currently enrolled in a class at Shelf Life receive 15% off their purchase of any art supplies.