Water Nexus Agenda for the Third ASEM Decade
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
ASEM SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT DIALOGUE
The 5th ASEM Sustainable Development Seminar
“Water Nexus Agenda for the Third ASEM Decade”
1 – 3 December 2016, Ruse, Bulgaria
1. To strengthen INTER-REGIONAL COOPERATION in search for a joint vision on an Agenda for the Third ASEM Decade.
2. To bring together points of view of experts, policy makers and investors from Asia and Europe on GOOD GOVERNANCE of:
- water-energy-food nexus, and
- river basins as multi-use resource areas.
3. To promote the potential of both, INTER-REGIONAL COOPERATION and GOOD GOVERNANCE to contribute to the achievement of goals of 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
1. To launch a Flagship Initiative of the Third ASEM Decade for:
- science-based innovative water nexus solutions, related to national, cross-border and transnational governance of green growth, climate change, security and quality of life;
- creative entrepreneurial ideas related to national, cross-border and transnational governance of river basins as multi-use resource areas.
2. To disclose the potential of the Flagship Initiative to leverage a network of stakeholders (experts, policy makers and investors) from Asia and Europe, who appreciate its added value and who are willing to contribute to its implementation.
Water-energy-food nexus as a driver of green growth
Water-energy-food nexus and climate change
Water-energy-food nexus and security
Water-energy-food nexus and quality of life
Water-energy-food nexus and intermodality
Water-energy-food nexus in cross-border and transnational regions
River basins as multi-use resource areas