Sunday 2nd October 2016
WASP 6th annual March Past, Brixton
Promoted by Alison Bajaican
at 10:15 –15:00
Max Roach Park
Important marching information
For some time now, many service personnel have approached me* regarding the lack of publicity and information of the contribution and sacrifice made by servicemen and women from the Caribbean and Africa.
This is more evident on public remembrance parades.
To address this, celebrate African History Month, write our own history of events and educate the mis-informed we at WASP have initiated a March Past and ceremony for our fallen comrades.
This event is for all service personnel Army, Navy, Merchant Navy, Air force, the fire brigade, nurses, police etc, who have been or are in service.
If you are not service personnel please come along, capture images and support.
Until we meet,
1. The March will be on Sunday 2nd October 2016, we assemble at 10.15am at St. John Crescent SW9 7ND, also known as Max Roach Park.
2. The march will commence promptly at 11am sharp.
3. All servicemen and women who will be wearing their uniform on this parade please ensure that you obtain permission from your commanding officer first.
4. Those of you in a wheelchair please inform us, so that we can provide a helper to push you in the parade, if you do not have a helper already.
5. After the march, the ceremony and the laying of wreaths, all are invited back to WASP Head Quarters at 161-167 Clapham Manor Street, SW4 6DB for tea and coffee
6. Transportation: Nearest train station is Brixton Train Station
7. Nearest Underground Station: Brixton Underground Station
8. Bus: 133, 415, 118, 250, 45, 345, P4, 35, 3, 432, 59, 159, 333, 322, 2, 196, 109, 355, P5, 690, and 37, will take you to the assemble area
9. Road: The A23 is a major road through Lambeth and St. John Crescent, SW9 7ND comes off this road.
Do you have any other queries?
161-167 Manor Street, Clapham, London SW4 6DB.
Tel: 07956 471 828
Max Roach Park
West Indian Association of Service Personnel
Public Group · 107 Members
Go to West Indian Association of Service Personnel group
View photos of last year's West Indian Association of Service Personnel March Past
Remembering fallen West Indian service personnel