Global Women Power has started with a new Project which is aimed at helping kids from poverty-stricken areas in India to have good warm clothes and shoes so they can have warm winters.
- The project will begin from the state of Punjab in India.
- The first school where the project will be initiated is New Government School in Fatehgarh Sahib.
- The kids studying in this school belong to poor families with their parents working mostly as house helps or labourers.
- During winter season the temperature ranges from 5 degree Celsius to 10 degree Celsius. Due to poverty, most kids do not have warm clothes or shoes to wear.
- Through ‘Warm The Winters’ project, each Kid will be provided two pairs of good quality shoes and two pairs of sweaters/jackets to beat the overwhelming cold.
- The cost of sponsoring shoes and sweaters to each student is $10.
- The minimum donation for this project is $10 (one kid) and the maximum donation is $100 (ten kids).