Ward 7 Women of Excellence Luncheon
Thursday, March 30, 2017 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Nominations Now Open for Ward 7 Woman of Excellence
Submit the name of a woman in education who has made significant contributions to the Ward 7 community for at least 2 consecutive years. Submissions must be in by Friday, March 10, 2017
For over 20 years, ERFSC has had the privilege of serving the Ward 7 community by providing essential services to our residents. During our years of service, we have been extremely fortunate to work with many women who are leading by example and those who exemplify excellence and dedication to community service.
Each March we take time to reflect on amazing women in Ward 7 who are making strides in our community and to date, we have honored 22 women (one posthumously). This year, as we celebrate Women’s History Month, we realize we have a lot of women to celebrate in education right here in Ward 7. Every mother is an educator, instilling life lessons from the moment her child is born. Every sister, aunt, grandmother and even friends, help us learn valuable lessons in and out of the classroom. After all, we never truly stop learning and an education never ends. Naturally every teacher, principal, custodian, mentor, after-school aide, and even the school cook is an educator. We want to highlight those women this year because of their incredible ability to break down walls in Ward 7 as they remain dedicated to educating our community.
This year, on Thursday, March 30, 2017, we will be hosting our Fourth Annual “7 Ward 7 Women of Excellence” Luncheon and a total of seven outstanding Ward 7 women in education will be honored. We are inviting YOU to help us select 5 of the 7 women to be honored!
Everyone is invited and encouraged to find an outstanding woman in education whose life and work are exemplary and has been for at least two years. This woman is one to be admired and imitated, and because of her, youth and the Ward 7 community are learning and acquiring educational and life skills which will help them to be competitive and knowledgeable. This woman could be a teacher, principal, custodian, mentor, after-school aide or anyone who has demonstrated a vested interested in the education of Ward 7 residents. ERFSC will select the top 5 nominees from entries received.
This year's luncheon will be held from noon to 2pm on Thursday, March 30, 2017 at St. Luke’s Center, located at 4923 50th Street, SE, DC.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING A NOMINATION:
- A typed letter of nomination should follow the criteria for selection listed below, and be approximately 1,000 words. Bullet points are acceptable.
- The nomination must be signed.
- Please nominate only one individual.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION (include in nomination letter):
- State the name, home address or business address of the woman nominated (this MUST be in Ward 7)
- Give evidence of her commitment to the education of Ward 7 residents, measured by the quality and diversity of her service, her work ethic and integrity
- List how she has been recognized and honored for her professional and personal achievements in the past. (List awards, honors and distinctions she has received and significant contributions she has made)
- Give evidence of her sensitivity to the needs of the education of the Ward 7 community through her service
- Give evidence how she is a "person for others" in the Ward 7 and other communities.
- Give evidence of how other women emulate her and/or why other women should emulate her
- The nominee must either live or work in Ward 7.
- The nominee must be someone who has consistently demonstrated excellence in the field of education in the Ward 7 community service for at least two years.
Letters of nomination should be sent to Rosie Parke via email to . The deadline for submission is Friday, March 10, 24, 2017.
To RSVP for tickets to the Luncheon, visit www.ward7womenofexcellence.eventbrite.com.
Check out the Video from 2014.
Save This Event
When & Where
East River Family Strengthening Collaborative Inc.
The mission of ERFSC is to empower families, youth, seniors and communities to become more self-sufficient. Learn more at www.erfsc.org.