Wander Oxford - Heart of Oxford Walking Tour
We have created tours of Oxford to help explore historic Oxford at it’s best.
Our goal is to make you familiar with the streets and hidden alleys, to lead you to famous landmarks and to give you plenty of ideas for further exploration of the city.
Your friendly and informed guide will reveal Oxford’s secrets as well as it’s many famous former residents and beautiful architecture - all giving an historic insight and providing fabulous photo opportunities.
What will we see?
The tour takes in many aspects from the heart of Oxford including:
- Many of the colleges that make up Oxford University
- The Bodleian Library
- The Sheldonian Theatre
- Oxford University Exam School
- The Radcliffe Camera
- The Divinity School
- St Mary's Church - The University Church
- The pub where J.R.R. Tolkein and C.S. Lewis drank
- The colleges that Bill Clinton and David Cameron attended
- Pubs frequented by Morse and Lewis
- A pub that Shakespeare drank in
- Harry Potter filming locations
- The City Wall
- England's first coffee house
- Bridge of Sighs
- Halley's house
- Multiple Oxford Museums
- Martyr's Memorial
- Many places you can get in to for free after the tour
- Great places to take the best photographs of Oxford from
- The museum that houses the Harry Potter "Shrunken Head"
- The museum housing Oxford's famous Dodo
- X-Men filming location
- and much more
The tour begins at St Michael at the Nortgate (Opposite KFC), Cormarket Oxford, OX1 3EY
10:30am - (Check booking calendar for details) rain or shine. (Severe and adverse weather conditions may prevent tour running)
Tour takes approx. 2 hours
Pay what you feel the tour was worth at the end of the tour.
Who can attend?
Anyone is welcome to attend - narrow passages, cobble stones and a small amount of steps are on the route