San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Globe University - Sioux Falls and The Compass Center are teaming up for the 3rd annual Sioux Falls Walk a Mile in Her Shoes Event!
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® The International Men's March to Stop Rape, Sexual Assault & Gender Violence is a project of Venture Humanity, Inc. a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit corporation.
Men and women literally walk one mile in women's high heeled shoes to protest sexualized violence, educate their communities, and raise money for chronically underfunded rape crisis centers, domestic violence shelters, and other sexualized violence prevention and recovery services.
Each Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® Day Event is individually and locally organized under a license from Frank Baird and Walk a Mile in Her Shoes®, a Venture Humanity, Inc. Project.
**Register online to confirm a spot. Pay $10 registration fee at the door the day of the event (Cash or check). All proceeds donated to The Compass Center.
**DAY OF WALK STIPULATIONS**
- You must supply your own heels. The Compass Center does have a limited supply.
- Men have to wear women’s shoes (heels preferred).
- You can have a team for the event, or sign up individually. If you do have a team, keep in mind that the number of team participants is unlimited.
- All participants have a fee of $10 to participate.
Cash or check only. Make checks payable to The Compass Center. Pay at the door day of the event.
- Pre-registration deadline is May 21, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. You may register the day of the event, however there is no guarantee for a participation t-shirt.
- Have FUN!
There is no requirement to raise money outside of the participation fee, but awards and recognition will be given
to those with:
- Most money raised by a team or individual
- Fastest time to complete walk and stations
- Best shoes worn
When & Where
Director of Career Services at Globe University - Sioux Falls