VRM and Personal Cloud Day
Monday, October 21, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM (PDT)
Mountain View, CA
This day preceeds the Internet Identity Workshop and is designed to support enhanced comunity connection and usefulness of that event. We encourage everyone coming to VRM - Personal Cloud Day to register for at least one day of IIW - registration is here http://iiw17.eventbrite.com
VRM and Personal Cloud Day
Our overall goal is to support all those working in the VRM and Personal Cloud space knowing who else is there, what they are working on, find key synergies and opportunities for collaboration, and coordinate and brainstorm about ideas for sessions during IIW.
Opening and Context Setting
We are inviting T.Rob to give us a presentation about the industry landscape as he sees it along with future challenges and opportunities.
Community Landscape Mapping
Lead by Kaliya, Identity Woman
We will spend an hour or two figuring out who is doing what in the emerging ecosystem.
The goal will be to have a comprehensive map that clusters key projects and efforts to collaborate and prevent folks from re-inventing wheels.
Please bring an 8.5x11 print out to the Day with the
* Logo of your Company or Project
* Name of your Company or Project
* Description of your product
* Description of other ecosystem components that your product needs to work
Hint the more clear and concise your description - the bigger your font the easier it will be for people to read your sign.
LUNCH - at local restaurants
- potentially in self organized breakout conversations coming out of community mapping
Breakouts Based on Community Map
Goals: to get to understand projects within clusters more.
develop good ideas for IIW sessions to comprehensively cover key issues and opportunities.
Report out to whole group with Insights and Proposed IIW Sessions.
Day Ends at 4:30
Head to watch Terms and Conditions May Apply
The film is being shown at Stanford University, in conjunction with the United Nations Association Film Festival, followed by a panel discussion on the “Future of Online Privacy”
The filmaker, Cullen Hoback will be in attendance for a Q&A
Monday, Oct 21
Stanford University: School of Education, CERAS Building, Room 101, 485 LASUEN MALL
6:00 PM Reception with the filmmakers
7:00 PM TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY APPLY (USA, 79 min)
8:20 PM Panel “Future of Online Privacy”
Single tickets $10 cash only at the venue
Potential Industry Clustering we Identified during Design
* Vertical Opportunities - call centers, inflection with advertising
* Resisting the Bad of Today (Tools working to stop people from being tracked)
* Makers and Developing Personal Clouds
* Decentralized Networks
* Centralized Services
* Personal Clouds of the Future
* Make Money with Your Data
* Safe Single Sign On
* Browser tools
* Civil Society and Nonprofit Orientation for Adoption
* Identity Providers doing Transactions, Bill Pay
* Geographic Clusters
* Outwardly Managing Public Reputation
* Personal Insight and Analytics.
How did we design the day?
Kaliya works with professional communities to help design and facilitate unconferences. When Unconference.net works with clients we begin with these simple questions.
- What is the goal or mission of your organization?
- What are your goals for the unconference day?
- Who (what types of people) are coming to the event and what are their needs and goals.
Kaliya, Doc and Dean met on September 21st in NYC.
After answering these questions and talking through ideas we came up with the outline for the day.
When & Where
Personal Data Ecosystem Consortium
The Personal Data Ecosystem Consortium is focused on connecting all the companies Empowering People with Their Personal Data. Our Startup Circle members build personal control of personal data into their products and services. PDEC supports its members through community, education, advocacy, and research programs.