Voter registration and participation rates at the polls in Tulsa County are critically low! You can make a change: the time for action is now!
The Voting is Power Coalition is a new collaboration of area organizations seeking to increase voter registration and engagement in Tulsa. Join us for the Voter Registration Drive Kick-off on Saturday, August 22, 10am-12:30pm at the Rudisill Library.
This event is open to leaders in Tulsa County, especially those working with underrepresented populations. We'll learn about how to reach specific audiences and what can be done to increase voter engagement in 2016.
The Kick-off will provide up-to-date information about registering voters correctly, barriers to voting for Tulsans, effective persuasive messages for different voter groups, and innovative election reform actions to improve voter engagement.
Speakers and Activities (to date)
- Keynote: Nick Doctor, Vice President of Government Affairs with the Tulsa Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Poetry: Claire Collins, local poet, will present an original piece
- Voter registration training: Tulsa County Election board officials
- Voter registration starter kit: Includes all the materials to host a voter registration drive
- Breakout sessions: Barriers to voting, effective messages, legislative reform
Be a part of the solution!
When & Where
Voting Is Power (VIP) Coalition
The mission of the Voting is Power (VIP) Coalition is to increase voter registration, voter turnout and civic participation by educating community leaders, organizations, and the public about voter registration rules, regulations and best practices.
VIP Coalition Partners:
- League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Tulsa
- Tulsa County Election Board
- A Third Place Community Foundation
- YWCA Tulsa
- North Star Neighborhood Association
- All Souls Unitarian Church
- TYPros (Tulsa Young Professionals)
- Church Women United
- Oklahoma Chapter of the Sierra Club
- Phoenix District