SANTA! WE KNOW HIM! VU Chicago is ready to deck the halls with our December event. We're partnering with Anixter Center to bring a little holiday cheer to some very deserving kids. Check out what we'll be doing below.
- Volunteers will be helping to throw a holiday party for kids with disabilities, ages 0-12. Activities include greeting families and facilitating crafts, games, and visits with Santa.
- Please wear holiday apparel! Ugly sweaters, Santa hats, antlers, etc. are welcome and encouraged.
Anixter Center is in Lincoln Park on Clybourn Ave, between Magnolia and Lakewood. Please enter through the rear of the building, where volunteers will welcome you with coffee, donuts, water, and Advil. It is Saturday morning, after all.
- Nearest L stop: Armitage Brown Line
- A few helpful buses: 73, 132, 57
- Feeling lazy? Anyone who wants a ride can pick up a shuttle at the Armitage stop at 8:45. The first 8 people who shoot an email to Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org have a guaranteed spot.
There is a parking lot that will be open to all volunteers.
The event is only open to the first 25 people who register. Only those who commit beforehand will be admitted.
Before we send you off for the holidays, we're drinking. Our friends at State Restaurant are here to help with $5 you-call-its and draft beer. Don't be a scrooge if you can't make it to volunteer-- meet us at the bar!
For any questions, please contact Ellen at email@example.com.