Volunteer to Feed the Hungry - Winter Quarter with Cal State East Bay
Weekly Event - Every Tuesday & Thursday: 10:00 AM to 1:15 PM (PST)
Volunteer with Loaves and Fishes on a Cal State East Bay Team!
Join the Cal State East Bay Volunteer Team as we serve at Loaves and Fishes this quarter. We will help feed the hungry through the neighborhood feeding program. It's open to anyone aged 12 and up. Register today. You can work on a Tuesday, Thursday or both.
See you there!
Directions for volunteering:
1. Register here (on Eventbrite to be on the CSU East Bay team) - We are capped at 8 volunteers per day
2. Complete to be a volunteer application with Loaves and Fishes by clicking the link below https://app.etapestry.com/hosted/LoavesandFishesofContraCo_2/VolunteerRegistration.html
3. Read the Volunteer Policies at http://www.loavesfishescc.org/pdf/VOLUNTEER_POLICIES.pdf
4. Read the duties of a Dining Room Server below
5. Arrive at 10:00 am on your scheduled date(s)
Loaves and Fishes Dining Room Server Duties
Overview of Position
Prepare Dining Room for lunch, assist in bringing in food and preparing salad, bread and desserts for serving. Serve food buffet style to guests between 11:00 am and 12:45 p.m. and clean up afterward.
1. Report to dining room manager, sign in, wash hands, put on gloves, apron
2. Prepare Dining Room: may include the following: sweeping, mopping, placi dirty trays, cups, pans outside on cart for pickup, setting up & cleaning tables and room for serving
3. Preparing food for serving
4. Serving begins at 11:00am. Seconds and Thirds are ok but use a clean tray each time. 5. Cleanup: 12; 45-1:15pm
Please remember to smile, and greet guests.
Please do not eat or use electronics of any kind while serving
Physical/ Age Requirements: Must be at least 12 years of age, with parent if under
Loaves and Fishes
403 W 6th St
Cal State East Bay Concord Campus
Cal State East Bay's Concord Campus is home to a freshman Pre-Health Professions program and several degree completion programs including Business, Psychology and Nursing. We also are home to certificate programs in Paralegal studies and Post Baccaulareate medical school preparation.
As the the only four year public University in Contra Costa County the campus offers small class sizes, friendly and helpful staff and professors dedicated to student success.
Students are encouraged to drop by our transfer center or attend one of our monthly information sessions.
We look forward to meeting you as our next CSU East Bay Pioneer!