Volunteer: Saturday Soak at Glenncrest
Saturday, August 3, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM (ADT)
Help weed, water and mulch trees planted through our Community Tree Planting program at what was once a vacant lot in the Glenncrest community! We will be out from 9 am to 11 am caring for trees around the lot. Casey Trees will provide all tools, water and a light snack. Requirements
- All volunteers must sign a completed volunteer waiver form on the day of the event before participating. Children under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign a consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times.
- No specific skills required. Each event starts with a tool safety and care demonstration.
- Register in advance. Space is limited. If your plans change prior to the event, please update your registration status so we are sure to have the necessary number of volunteers.
- Arrive on time. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time and volunteers must be present for the tool safety demonstration at the start of the event.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. Closed toe shoes are required.
- Have fun and know that you are directly contributing to improving tree health in Washington DC!
Group Registration Are you a volunteer group manager? Do you want to register a large group of volunteers for one or more events (5 or more individuals)? Groups cannot sign up all of their registrants on this page, but we are happy to work with you to get volunteers registered at this event or other events this season. Register online now. Support Casey Trees Help re-tree DC by making a donation today. Gifts of any amount make a world of difference in making our streets and communities safer, healthier and – of course – greener.
When & Where
Casey Trees is a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit established in 2002 committed to restoring, enhancing and protecting the tree canopy of the nation’s capital. To learn more about Casey Trees, visit caseytrees.org.