Looking for a rewarding experience combining your love of California history, arts and culture while giving back to the community? The Museum is seeking new volunteers to lead tours as gallery guides for visitors offered through our education department.
Whether you’re looking for a few weekend hours to fill as a full-time student or professional or a regular position as a retiree, the Museum has many volunteer opportunities to choose from including:
- Gallery Guides to lead field trip & group tours
- Events Staff to work at the Museum's special events
- Education Department Assistants to help administer tools & resources
Flexible hours are available, training is provided and benefits include free Museum memberships, discounts in the Museum Store, invitations to volunteer appreciation events and more.
To learn how you can become a part of the Museum team and make your own mark on history, reserve your seat by 5:00 pm on Friday, March 10, 2017 to attend our Open House, including a private tour and complimentary refreshments, using the form below.
For questions or more information, please contact:
Are there age or other requirements for volunteering at the Museum?
Yes, Museum volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age & pass a background check
- Ability to lead group & field trip tour programs
- Flexible schedule with availability on weekdays, evenings & weekends
- Minimum commitment of 10 hours of service per month
- Dependability to arrive on time for shifts
For more information, please visit our web site at: http://www.californiamuseum.org/gallery-guide-application.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The Museum is conveniently located at the Archives Plaza Light Rail Stop on the corner of 10th and O Streets. In addition, the surface lot directly across the Museum on the corner of 10th and O Streets will be also open for event attendees.
Whom can I contact with questions?
Please email Volunteer Department at email@example.com.