- Cal Poly alumni, families, and friends
- ADA compliant facilities & opportunities for people of all ability levels
- This is a child-friendly event (children of all ages - no minimum age)
Join Cal Poly alumni, family, & friends on this 13th annual national day of volunteering sponsored by Comcast Cares (a day of volunteering in 39 states w/ 600 project sites). Volunteer with our first-ever “Team CPAA SF / SJ” for an opportunity to support a Bay Area educational organization and to network and socialize with CP alumni!
In California's Bay Area, Comcast Cares focuses on beautification projects. Tasks for the Bay Area project site include revitalizing the Boys & Girls Club of Pacifica -- gardening (adding planter boxes, plants, woodchips; and weeding), painting (touching up safety paint), and general cleaning. Gardening is a great kid-friendly task!
Comcast thanks its volunteers for their participation with a souvenir Comcast Cares Day T-shirt, a continental breakfast, and a brown-bag lunch (Note: For those with dietary restrictions, please indicate those on your C.C.D. Volunteer Registration/Waiver). CPAA will also be earning a mini-grant to support CPAA scholarships!
- Team CPAA SF / SJ meets @ project site (Event Chair will be wearing green & gold and have a CPAA sign)
- Registration & Continental Breakfast at the project site
- When you register, remember to indicate your Team name!
- Morning welcome & Kick-off
8:30 AM TO 11:30 AM
- Teams work on their respective tasks
11:30 AM TO 12:30 PM
- Lunch break (A brown-bag lunch will be provided by Comcast Cares)
12:30 PM TO 1:45 PM
- Teams resume their respective tasks
1:45 PM to 2:00 PM
- Closing remarks. Conclusion of event.
Parking: The Boys & Girls Club has a small parking lot. Also, there is lots of street parking in the neighborhood (near 955 Yosemite Dr, Pacifica CA 94044).
ITEMS TO BRING:
- Camera / camera phone
- Clipper Card (if taking public transit)
- Painting / gardening clothes (e.g., worn jeans, tennis shoes)
- For little ones: Front & back baby carrier or stroller, etc.
- Sun protection: Sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen, etc.
- Reusable water bottle (Note: Water & meals are included)
CONTACT (CHAIR, TEAM CPAA SF / SJ):
Elizabeth Beeler McWhorter
Event Chair, Team CPAA SF / SJ
Volunteer Day: Comcast Cares Day 2014
Cal Poly Alumni Association
San Francisco / San Jose Chapter
Have questions about Volunteer Day: "Team CPAA SF / SJ" at Comcast Cares Day 2014?
Contact Cal Poly Alumni - San Francisco/San Jose Chapter