Actions and Detail Panel
Volunteer at Metro Caring with Project Helping
Tue, December 5, 2017, 12:00 PM – 3:30 PM MST
Metro Caring is Denver’s leading hunger-relief program, distributing approximately 2 million pounds of nutritious food to hungry families and individuals while also providing education and tools to help them improve their health and self-sufficiency. Situated in the heart of Denver, Metro Caring offers its participants a holistic approach to hunger relief, through programming focused on Health Foods Access, Nutrition and Gardenting Education, Self-Sufficiency, and Community Health Services.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
For this volunteer opportunity, we will be assisting in the warehouse. The warehouse area is where food and other items are processed from donation deliveries. We will help inspect, clean, sort and box these items.
- Be part of something fun, engaging and impactful.
- As a volunteer you’ll be supporting your community and improving your own health.
- Earn tons of good karma and do something impactful. Trust us, your friends will be jealous!
- Speaking of friends, bring them along! Volunteering with friends and family makes the day even more memorable.
- And, of course, the chance to change the world. Who doesn’t want that??
Does this event require special skills?
This is a low-impact/physical area, though it does require standing for the full shift. And we consider a willingness to help others a very special skill, but you’re reading this, so you already have that one!
Are there age requirements for volunteering?
This is a great opportunity for volunteers who are at least 12 years old.
ALL THE DETAILS: Where to meet and park? What to wear and bring? What is the agenda for the day?
Once you register, you’ll receive a confirmation email with all the details. We’ll also send a reminder email 48 hours prior to the event as well as a text reminder 24 hours before!
To make sure you get the emails, please add Project Helping (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your contacts.