Actions and Detail Panel
Fri, June 2, 2017, 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM CDT
Junior Achievement of Eastern Iowa’s Volley-4-Education was first introduced in the Cedar Rapids area in 1992. Over the past twenty-four years, this event has grown to be the largest sand volleyball tournament in the Midwest!
Teams of up to six players and two alternates compete in a round robin pool play, followed by single elimination tournament play. Prizes are awarded to the first place winners in each division. Each participant will receive an event t-shirt. Each team is guaranteed a minimum of five games.
The 2017 event will be held on Friday, June 2nd (rain date: Friday, June 9th) and participants will enjoy entertainment, recreational and competitive volleyball, and food grilled on-site. Sign in begins at 6pm and play begins promptly at 6:30pm. We plan to host 50 teams again this year and provide all participants (and spectators) with a thrilling night of sand volleyball!
Watch this video to see what Volley-4-Education is all about!
- 6-on-6 Sand Volleyball Tournament
- NO co-ed requirement
- Teams of 4-8 may register
- Format is Round Robin Play. Each team plays 4 other teams in their pool. (Scoring and pool size will be based on the number of entries and will be announced day of the tournament).
- Rally scoring to 21, 23 point cap.
- Each team will move on to the finals and play single elimination.
- Sand volleyball rules apply.
- All player signatures are required before play can begin.
- High school students are eligible to participate with a signed form from parent/guardian.
Team registration fee of $250 covers all tournament costs.
Each team is guaranteed 5 matches.
All players will receive an event T-shirt.
Optional Team Benefits
- Don't want to worry about where your team can relax between games?
Reserve a table for $100.
- Here's a great opportunity to show your support! For $100, your company logo will be displayed on an individual sign facing the courts, where space is available, during the tournament. Deadline to submit company name or logo is Friday, May 27.
Get creative!! The team with the most unique and creative team name will win the Team Name Contest!
If you have any questions please contact Amanda Hoffman at email@example.com or by phone at 319-862-1100.
Registration is $264.74 online or $250 by cash, check, or over the phone.
Please contact Amanda Hoffman for an invoice or team registration form.
Thank You to Our Volley-4-Education Event Sponsors!
Bump, Set, Spike Sponsor