VITAL VOICES: YOUTH, FAMILY AND CLINICIAN PERSPECTIVES ON WEIGHT, PRE-DIABE...
This free symposium will feature two talks on important nutrition topics, a family panel, and a catered break for networking. After attending this symposium, participants will be able to:
- Recognize children who fall into the category of pre-diabetes and create an algorithm for management
- Establish a positive, engaging environment for healthy conversations in families dealing with weight challenges
- Partner with young patients and their families on practical strategies to build a healthy lifestyle
- Angie Hasemann, MS, RDN, CSP, Co-Director, Clinical Nutrition, UVA Health System
- Mary Pat Gallagher, MD, Director, Robert I. Grossman, MD & Elisabeth J. Cohen, MD Pediatric Diabetes Center at NYU Langone Medical Center
- Families Experienced in Caring for Children with Nutrition Challenges
2.0 CPEUs have been requested.