San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
September Exhibit at Lakeside Legacy Foundation: CALL FOR ARTISTS
Out of the Ordinary Portraits
The goal of this show is to introduce guests to unique lenses through which artists can create portrait art.
Application for Entry: DUE BY AUGUST 16th
- Submit 5 to 10 pieces for a salon style presentation. Pieces must have a common thread, though do not necessarily have to be part of the same series. There are only 6 additional spots available in the show, and having a clear and illustrative Artist Process (below) statement is key for the jury.
- Submission fee is $25; if selected, there are no further entry fees.
Submission "Packet" Requirements:
1. Once we recieve the application fee, the submission will be reviewed. Payment by check can be sent to Erin McElroy at 401 Country Club Road, Crystal Lake, IL 60014. Make checks payable to Lakeside Legacy Foundation.
2. Photographs of submitted work must be JPEGs or BMPs. The longest side must be 5 to 8 inches. Title images as (title_artist last name_artist first initial_original work size in inches ex: [Untitled_Smith_M_12'x18'])
Email images to Erin McElroy at email@example.com by August 16th.
3. Artist Statements are due by August 16th also emailed by firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Please submit contact information, phone, email, and a website for your work (if available). Additional material to include: past exhibits, artist resume, and education to email@example.com.
5. If you have exhibited at Lakeside Legacy Foundation in the past, please submit NEW artwork that has not been on exhibit at Lakeside. If selected, art sales are handled by Lakeside Legacy Foundation on behalf of the artist, and a 30% commission fee on all sales over $20 will be applied. This commission is a donation to the foundation.
6. Advertising- Lakeside Foundation will produce posters, postcards, and press releases for the event, but it is the artist's responsibility to self-promote as well. The artist is expected to partner to promote the show. While some postcards will be printed by the foundation, it is in the artist's best interest to self-market (including but not limited creating postcards, posting events and promoting the gallery show on facebook and social media, sending evites and e-Marketing, and sending individual images and press releases to the press utalizing online media forms on PlanitNorthwest, Patch.com, Triblocal.com, and the Daily Herald).
7. If accepted, an Artist Process/Biography will be required that includes the medium, and what the artist is trying to do in the creation of the work. Through what particular lens (time, light, pain, joy) is the piece presented? Must be 50-100 words in length.
8. Hanging- jury selected work must be hung on Monday, September 2nd during the day. If you cannot hang on that day, you may drop off the work early, pay a small hanging fee, and we will hang for you. The work will remain up throughout the month until Friday, September 27th.
First Friday- plan to attend our gallery opening on Friday, September 6th from 5pm-8pm. Invite friends, family, and colleagues to this social event. This is an important sales and networking opportunity.
IF you have any questions contact Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will not be juried until payment and all required application items are submitted. Applicants will be notified by Friday, August 23rd.