Over the past 12 months we’ve had increased interest in online on-demand courses. This is a new type of Network to Code couse that will span the course of 5.5 weeks. Each week, you will have access to several new hours of content that will enable you to perform the assigned exercises and labs for that given week.
In this course, you will learn about Cisco IOS XE and XR APIs including NETCONFY/YANG, RESTCONF/YANG, and gRPC. In addition to understanding each API type, you will also use each API using tools and frameworks such as Postman, the Python ncclient (NETCONF client), ydk, pyang, and Yang-Explorer.
This course includes 60 hours of lab-time using Network's On Demand Labs Platform that includes 3 IOS XR routers and 3 IOX XE routers. All devices are virtual appliances. You can start and stop the topology as you need to in order to work through the exercises.
- API Overview (REST, NETCONF, RESTCONF)
- IOS-XE APIs (RESTCONF, NETCONF, SSH)
- Automating Routers with netmiko (SSH)
- Using IOS-XE RESTCONF in Postman
- Using IOS-XE RESTCONF with the Python requests module
- Using IOS-XE NETCONF with the ncclient
- IOS-XR APIs (NETCONF, gRPC)
- Using IOS-XR NETCONF with the ncclient
- Automating Routers witih NAPALM (Python library)
- NETCONF/YANG Tools (pyang, ydk, yang-explorer)
- This is an online on-demand course. There will be approximately 2-4 hours of video content each week and another 4-8 hours required by (each week) you in order to complete all excercises labs.
- The course will begin February 21, 2017 and continue through March 31, 2017.
- Payment must be received by February 21 to participate
- Course Outline and Order of topics is subject to change
Brought to you by Network to Code, LLC